Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Influence of L2 cache on FSX? (Or: Q9300 vs Q9450)

Guest D17S

Sorry, thought that was understood. . . . but ya did get to take another swing . . . so it wasn't a total waste.

>I say lol to this thread.Me too Ryan. It is amazing how altruism can skew a person's perspective. I feel much safer viewing these forums now........@-@Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest Nick_N

>>I say lol to this thread.>>Me too Ryan. It is amazing how altruism can skew a person's>perspective. I feel much safer viewing these forums>now........@-@No worries, my perspective of the individual in question is as clear as my perspective on your asinine pseudo psychosocial diagnosis.You feel safer?Goodness gracious.. so sorry I scared you!you must be "the choir" I have heard so much aboutLOL!!Gott

Guest Nick_N

>Sorry, thought that was understood. . . . but ya did get to>take another swing . . . so it wasn't a total waste. The only person who took backhanded swings in this forum was youYou have been taking slick and sly swings at me since I started posting here without any provocation on my part at that time,.. and now you are reaping the rewards of your actionsThese people may not have been able to see that all along but it was plain as day to you and II blew it off in the beginning even knowing what you were then, however, your smart-mouth insulting comments asside, since your less than forward attempts to take a swing at me did not work, when you decided to try a few very slick 'direct' moves to discredit me on tech issues, you made a huge mistake as most fakes who are desperate do.As for Ulfb taking another swing... he was simply countering another one of your slick attempts to try and make something look different than it is. Like a magician does.. you missed your calling. Your response to him was indicative of "the victim" there the perpetrator takes on the role of the victim in order to get their 'audience' to believe something that is not true.You deserved exactly what you got in this forum from me and there is no doubt in my mind that many will miss the posts where you got caught with your technical pants down in trying the backhanded discredit crap you did.. that

Hi Nick, Sam and everyone.Please try to relax and just limit yourselves to giving your opinions about the things that the treads are about. Stay away from personal remarks, you all have things that can contribute to the Forums in a positive form, stay with that.No personal jabs will help. Give credit to the rest of the users. No one, that is a sane mind that is, will blindly take an Internet advice without verifying and getting further educated. No one is perfect and not one thing fits all. Keep up the good work and stay on the subject. I used to spend a lot of time doing what you guys are doing now and I now appreciate not having to do it, just read some of your messages. I like Sam

>>>I say lol to this thread.>>>>Me too Ryan. It is amazing how altruism can skew a person's>>perspective. I feel much safer viewing these forums>>now........@-@>>>No worries, my perspective of the individual in question is as>clear as my perspective on your asinine pseudo psychosocial>diagnosis.>>>>>You feel safer?>>Goodness gracious.. so sorry I scared you!>>you must be "the choir" I have heard so much about>>>>LOL!!>>>Gott

Regards, Kendall

Guest D17S

>>Please try to relax and just limit yourselves to giving your opinions about the things that the treads are about.))Yea yur right. Sorry, just lost it there for a minute.

Guest Nick_N

I love a paradeI think that as a song too.Engrish is not my specialty but I can read and knew exactly what you were referring to with your comment irocx. Good response though... its in the spirit of the choirAnd just because I decided to swing back after taking abuse from Sam for months, does not mean anything. He should have considered his actions before taking the steps he did in the last week.Sam does not address others in this forum as he does or has with me. He directs his efforts in disproving, not asking how or why. Instead he simply took on the role as the person who knew better and was going to prove things I posted, wrong.Yes, I could have ignored it like I did in the beginning but to be quite honest I simply grew tired of being abused like this forum has been for a long time.Probably not my shining moments in life but hey, I'm too old to care at this point.later

Guest simjunkie

Nick, what do you think about going from a Q6600 at 9 x 400FSB to a Q9650 at 9 x 425-450FSB on an ASUS Rampage Formula?-jk

Guest Nick_N

>Nick, what do you think about going from a Q6600 at 9 x>400FSB to a Q9650 at 9 x 425-450FSB on an ASUS Rampage>Formula?>>-jk>jkAnything that increases the CPU speed will be a bit better assuming the video card is able to take advantage of that and visa-versa. In your case it would not be a 'massive' improvement ASSUMING you already have your memory correctly tweaked for timing at the 400MHz @ 3.6 Reason: this is DDR2 and not DDR3Lets assume you are tweaked now in the memory area, if so you can expect a nice little boost simply on the basis of clock and the board switching to a lower latency across the northbridge at 450HMz however is it worth the cost to make that jump? I have not looked at the price of the processor so I do not know what you may be investing but if you are willing to spend the money on the proc and "if" you can get into the 450MHz range (for sure) on a good memory clock and most important; CAS and tRD timing I can definitely see that helping you with FSX perf, the amount however I can not place a direct value on.

Guest simjunkie

Thanks Nick. The Proc is around $500. -J

Guest Nick_N

>Thanks Nick. The Proc is around $500. >>-J>Thats a chuck of changeIf you know for a fact you can hit 450FSB x9 on that proc (you may need to upgrade the HSF) with your memory running a decent DDR2 1066 or greater at CAS 4, 5 max, I can see a perf bump for youas for if that is worth 500 dollars, thats a by-user defined area.If this is something you intend to keep for a year or more, then that boost may be worth it but at the same time do keep in mind once Nehalem is released you will probably see the price on that proc drop so perhaps that upgrade is a good one but waiting a bit for a price drop may be a better choice. 500 for that difference on DDR2 is a bit steep in costthe perf difference is not like going from a 2.2 to a 4G slug. You are already at 3.6 and I do not know how your memory is running right now so judging the difference is difficult over the net. I know from experience DDR2 is limited in what it will provide even when pushed in such clocks.