Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

New CH Eclipse Yoke - anyone got it yet?

HelloThe CH throttle quad is a disaster, I knew as soon as i unpacked mine that the game was up for CH.The CH Quad now lives in my shed waiting for the time i gut it to use the insides for a project.The Saitek stuff is not perfect, i could do without the center detent on the yoke for example, but overall it is a much better product at a great price point.The Eclipse will probably turn up in the UK with the Dollar sign on the sticker changed to a pound signing meaning you could buy the Saitek yoke + throttle plus Rudder pedals and second throttle quad for the same price.CH have lost it big time.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, It all goes back to what I have said many times, you get, (if you're lucky and do your homework), what you pay for.Saying that, and I know it is very expensive, but the PFC SAAB yoke is just unbeatable in quality. I've had one now for over 10 years and don't regret for one moment putting out the price. I'm sure I would have gone through at lease 3 CH yokes by now, considering I wore one of their first ones out in 18 months.Take all that into consideration and divide the price by how long you intend to stay in FS and the decision is quite simple.Best to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest wwh

At this price level, perhaps CH could have added force-feedback with realistic trim. That would be more important to me than all those new buttons, paddles, etc.What is the point of this product at 250USD if you already have the current model? In fact, what is the point of this product at any price, if you already have the current model?WWH

I don't think it would be possible to offer electric trim at this price point - I'm thinking about 4x ($1000) starts to get you there, maybe.---I am also underwhelmed by the new CH yoke - clearly it's not aimed at the kind of audience that posts here (although that said, the price point is a head-scratcher). Not that this is an excuse, but I'm relatively sure that the new yoke looks the way it does because designing and manufacturing plastic molds is (as I'm told) extremely expensive, and CH has some history of reusing their molds. (Excellent example: the USB Pro Pedals enclosure has an unused cutout on the top, where a slide switch was located on the late 20th century gameport version.)There is a dedicated set of CH forums at http://www.ch-hangar.com. There is a little bit of "fanboiism" going on there, and so the somewhat negative post that I put up there a few days ago is in the minority. Perhaps y'all should swing over there and really let 'em know how you feel 8^) .In the end, though, if I ever buy a yoke again it will probably be the Saitek. BUT I had the previous CH yoke a few years ago and got really tired of unclamping it from my desk when I wanted to do something "else", and so I've suffered through with a CH Combatstick ever since.Dave B.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Who has actually tried the CH Eclipse? I bought one and think it is brilliant! I had the previous version for a few years but could never get it free enough no matter how much I polished or waxed it. I did seriously consider the Saitek version but I did not like the detents on centring the pitch and roll. The CH Eclipse is mush smoother than anything I have tried before and make the aircraft appear much smoother. I fly a real PA-28 so I am fussy when it comes to the sim. but this really does it for me. The construction seems very solid and the trim wheels are excellent in use. The only downside I have found is the lack of documentation, I'm sure the unit will do far more than I have discovered so far.

I don't think it would be possible to offer electric trim at this price point - I'm thinking about 4x ($1000) starts to get you there, maybe.
Actually, I have the rocker switch on the left side of my CH Yoke set up as an electric trim...works fine!I noticed on the new one that they turned that switch "parallel" to the pilot....another sucky idea.

I have been using my CH Yoke for many years. I was looking forward to the upgrade, but they just added a bunch of mickey mouse features that I simply do not need for the price. If they would have added the upgraded shaft to the existing model for the same price as the existing model, I would have upgraded and passed mine down to my kids. I use the Yoke along with the Throttle Quad and CH Manager software along with separate config files for various aircraft and am quite happy with it. The trick is to get FS to launch with a specific config file that matches your CH Manager setup. I use the Yoke throttle levers (Annoying position) for the Gear and things like auto pilot disconnect tail wheel lock and the likes. The Quad is a bit of a pain to get to use with THrust reversing due to the way that this is implemented in FS9 and it took some work.I just want the new shaft and not the other junk. I have a wheel for my racing sims.

Actually, I have the rocker switch on the left side of my CH Yoke set up as an electric trim...works fine!I noticed on the new one that they turned that switch "parallel" to the pilot....another sucky idea.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro