Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

pro flight switch panel

if you don't logon you will only see a few forums. I only see the other forums after logging in so I guess you'll have to register first.The thread is in the Proflight section. There's a whole forum for the switch panel. The post I mentioned is stickied so should be on top.Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

hi, Thank you for your reply.I registered and was able to download the fs9 software. It works! It is really a shame that saitek was not able to make an FS9/fs10 compatible piece of hardware. When you think that a software wizzard was able to do it, it is unbelievable!In fact I noted 3 problems with their dedicated fsx thing: no baclighting, the cowl flaps switch does not work and the mag switch has problems too. It makes a lot! How come did not they see it when they tested their panel. Obviously they did not test it. And they fail to adress their customers complaints on their forum. These are commercial blunders.

Guest kddescente

What is with Saitek??? I swear Ive had more issues with that company than anyone else. They put out a product, with severe shortcomings, and then pretty much tell you to kiss their a** when you call or email for support. I cant believe they dropped the ball on this one- the potential was great for this switch panel and they blew it big time. I'll stick with GF and CH Products I think! :)The CH Products panel as shown in one of the messages above is worth every last penny. Configure it for pretty much anything, works on both 9/X platforms- even use it as a knock-off switch panel that Saitek tried to make ;)

Just got mine today and am testing it both in FSX and FS9. So far there are some issues but more testing is necessary. I will reply on Sunday with a full report (on this thread) as to how I like it or not. My initial reaction is positive at this point.Regards,Ed

Quick Review of Saitek Pro Flight Switch PanelFirst off, I have no business interest, in any way, with Saitek. The unit arrived and I was impressed with the size. It measures just over 11 inches long, 3.5 inches high and 2 inches in depth (not counting the knobs and switches. Installation was easy. Just run the enclosed CD and plug in the USB cable. To run the unit in FS9 you must download the Krosa interface at http://www.krosa.it/ssp/ and install FSUIPC 3.72 or better found at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. A big round of thanks has to go out to Krosa for making the Pro Flight Switch Panel compatible with FS9. The Pro Flight Switch Panel may be set-up on your computer desk many ways. It can be attached to their yoke or used as a stand alone, attached to your desk with enclosed strips of sticky Velcro. Trying to make a Switch Panel for all areas of flight simulation would have to be a hard task indeed. This unit is best for general aviation aircraft. For my test I used the Mooney Bravo for both FSX and FS9 and everything worked as advertised. A note of caution, you must have a

Thanks for your review. The mounting holes on top of the case sure sounds intriguing. Personally I'd rather have a radio stack for communications and navigation as those can be a bit of a pain to tune in a virtual cockpit. About your forum access, have you checked your spam folder for the activation link?

hi,you forgot to point out the following bugs:- the cowl flap switch is inoperative- the de ice switch is inoperative (not a saitek problem but an fs issue but if it is not implemented in fs, why use this switch for it? Saitek, use it for an implemented function please)- the gear light sequence is incorrect because the lights are red when the gear is up)if you add the mag switch mix up, it makes a lot. Saitek did not test its panel before releasing it.Let's see how saitek reacts to those problems. It seems that they are willing to fix them according to their product manager.To visit their forum, you need to register but you will not receive an email of confirmation, just try to login.

>>So far there are some issues but more testing is necessary. When I first saw this post I thought: "Why should this be -- This is so typical of Saitek."They make good keyboards and flight pedals, but I swear their R + D team works out of their mom's garage. Really hit and miss stuff -- "Close, but no cigar" so to speak.

Some valid points. I might take exception to your concept that when the gear is up you should get red lights. I have never seen this in real life. Red means transit and green is down. When the gear is up, there are no lights (hopefully) showing RW.Regards,EdATP, CFII (MEI), A&P, IA (real)

My apologies, I did misread you concerning the gear lights. This may be something of an FSX problem as I tested the following.FS9Mooney Brovo (default) gear works as advertised.F-86 Saber (sf86ef.zip) gear works as advertised.FSXAll aircraft tested (both default and third party) showed red light on when gear is up.Regards,Ed

New drivers released. Here are the ones for XP 32.http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers2.aspRegardsEd
Hi,Good news. The latest drivers (version 3) work! I have not found any bugs.Saitek has addressed all the issues that we reported to them. Good custommer service this time. Let's hope that they have learned their lessons for their next hardware release. I think so.

Hi,Good news. The latest drivers (version 3) work! I have not found any bugs.Saitek has addressed all the issues that we reported to them. Good custommer service this time. Let's hope that they have learned their lessons for their next hardware release. I think so.
That link gives me an error:ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record./uk/down/drivers2.asp, line 16 Is there another way to get these? If navigate to http://www.saitek.com/uk/uk/down/drivers.htm I get "page not found"