Sign in to follow this  
dam942

FPS problem after patch

Guest b1ddys55

i've noticed that with the PSS panel the fps are always around 6-8 fps lower than my frame limiter. I usually have this set to 25 which is why i am getting rubbish frame rates.I have changed this to unlimited whilst i use the PSS 777 and it has allowed me to use this aircraft. However if i set the aircraft up (no weather & no traffic) the frame rates fluctuate constantly from 40 - 10. It looks as if some process is loaded with the panel that is constantly polling the processor. I have tried the performance settings on the panel and it has made no difference.Should state that this is the only aircraft that this happens on. Even the PMDG 747 remains steady at 35 fps.

>I have changed this to unlimited whilst i use the PSS 777 and>it has allowed me to use this aircraft. However if i set the>aircraft up (no weather & no traffic) the frame rates>fluctuate constantly from 40 - 10. It looks as if some process>is loaded with the panel that is constantly polling the>processor. I have tried the performance settings on the panel>and it has made no difference.>Should state that this is the only aircraft that this happens>on. Even the PMDG 747 remains steady at 35 fps.It is exactly what's happening to me.With frame rate locked at 27 I have 18 on ground and in cruise (and in external view too!!!!), with a circling and very fast (half a second) jump to 27.With unlimited, it fluctuates from 18 to about 70 (100 in external view), but the changes are very very fast and continuos.It's not a FS settings problem, because with the other planes, the frame rate remains as locked, or, if unlocked, it doesn't jump up and down constantly.Hope this can help PSS to solve the problem.Luca

Same thing for me here...Really poor FPS...between 10-15 without clouds..

Just my experience, mine did exactly the same with a really bad frame drop. I completely uninstalled FS, cleaned the Registry and did fresh install and am back to solid 25 FPS (locked at 25).Graham

This may help and it's quick:One of the addons I purchased had problems right from the start and the developer and beta testers kept advising re-install after using their own removing tool. I think a reinstall should be a last resort and I believe is unecessary wear on hardware. I have been using 'REGCLEAN' which is a small program made by Microsoft prgrammers although not supported. It is free which helps too. I have been running it whenever I have installed a program that doesn't work and had to remove it.It has worked for me the past 10 years or more.That's it for what it's worthRegardsRick

Guest Knikolaes

Dave:Thanks for the lead to Registry Mechanic. Going to check that out now. It might help my computer, since I have similar issues - -that and Windows takes 10 mins to shut down now :-P

Guest RollsRoyce

Yep,I'm getting extremely poor frames also. I run a P4 3.4 HT, 2.5 GB ram and an Nvidia 6800. For a reference, I use to get 15-30 FPS with FlyTampa Seattle, Ultimate Traffic (all FS settings and AI maxed) and with the PMDG or pre-patched PSS birds. Now, after the patch, the PSS has dragged that down to 5-10 FPS. With any combo of no visibility to no clouds to turning down EFIS refresh rates.I have downloaded and purchased Registry Mechanic, corrected all errors, defragged and shutdown practically everything in the background and no change.I am NOT going to re-install FS or turn my FS settings down just to fly this plane normally. After doing a complete re-install, I noticed something, the "PSS-777.gau" file in your gauges folder has been modified in the patch and is marginally larger. So what did I do? I used the old gauge file with the current FDE, still no change!I can hear cries of patch 1.2 in the background.....be prepared PSS team...Meanwhile, back to the hangar she goes.Bilal

The same to me...x( Poor FPS pending between 10-16 with clouds from ASV6...I completely cleaned the Registry, but nothing happens...x( It

Guest jwende

same here - great slideshow ;(-it is really frustrating not beeing able to fly the T7. Can you please investigate and get this fixed ?And i will certainly think twice next time before buying a PSS product again. Sorry to say that, but the quality does not correspond to the price anymore, in my opinion.Kind Regards, Jens

Guest Knikolaes

Right now my system is bogged down -- i mean REAAAALY bogged down -- we're talking 5-6 mins for windows startup -- and having 200+ GB of flight simulator installed it takes a few minutes to start that as well.I am downloading that Registry mechanic as we speak $30.00/year subscription -- not too bad, i guess, but then again i have never used a program like this so we'll see).if I get better results from tweaking my system I will DEFINATELY report here. I do get hits now on my T7, but who knows? maybe some cleaning up will do me (and my poor computer) some good.

Hi ChrisWelcome back - I guess that you do need a good clear out. As you know, XP should load in under a minute. For interest, I tend to delete FS9 every so often and then do a clean re-install; then only installing those add-ons I really need. I did this before I got the firat 777 release and have never had fps problems - although after all the flying I have done over the last few months, it might be getting time for another re-load.Interested to see how you go with reg mechanic - I use some of the free alternatives.Good LuckJohn R

Guest Knikolaes

It DOES load in under a minute . . . Now that the registry program I just installed cleared out all 3,792 problems ROFL!I'll try the T7 later tonight when back from work to see if it made a difference LOL.

After the patch, my 777 is running even better - superbly, good framerates. Well done PSS! Peter Sydney Australia

Guest VetJet

I also want to report no problems after the patch. I went back today and checked FPS and they were the same as before the patch, and in the 20's in pretty much any conditionWhadzen

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.