Sign in to follow this  
Guest dobova

First Flight after 777 patch SP2

Guest dobova

Hi all,after SP2, I get same problem here on other airports like LIRF with 4-6kts crosswind.I also have a very annoying problem with FMC, that completely lock FS9 (need to kill process to end) when choosing STARS/transition for some airport (EDDF - PSA25 arrival for example), never mind if in flight or on ground in the departure apt.There's some trick to avoid this lockup ?CiaoDome

Hi I beleve it may have some thing to do with the fuel load , i did two flights with the B777 V2 patch .. one was a quick flight KSEA to CYVR .. i used a low fuel level and set the winds to 180 at 225 G 30.. it followed the Loc and glide ok .. the next flight i did was EGLL to EGNV this time the fuel load was a lot higher , on the approach i had the rocking of the wings effect , i set the fuel lefel to 20 % and it stoped , this was with the B777-300 ( just Flight Version) Rich

ugcx_banner.png

>Hi >> I beleve it may have some thing to do with the fuel load , i>did two flights with the B777 V2 patch .. one was a quick>flight KSEA to CYVR .. i used a low fuel level and set the>winds to 180 at 225 G 30.. it followed the Loc and glide ok ..>the next flight i did was EGLL to EGNV this time the fuel load>was a lot higher , on the approach i had the rocking of the>wings effect , i set the fuel lefel to 20 % and it stoped ,>this was with the B777-300 ( just Flight Version)>> RichHi Rich,Thanks for replying.I have also the just flight version and I did another test flight, I still had the wing rocking effect only on ILS approach (not during flight).My fuel load is 13% and the wind was 240/10 kts for a landing on 25R at KLAX.I don't think it is a fuel load problem.VNAV descent was once again a nightmare,it began ok until I reset the MCP to my final approach altitude and all of a sudden, it began to dive to catch up the descent path once again I had to switch to FLCH and apply drag to stabilise.I am really desperate.This plane is almost one year old and I am still having problems to fly it realistically.After two long-waited SP,PSS is still giving me a plane with bugs that you never see elsewhere.It is truely unbelievable.I already reinstalled but no improvements.Worse, They don't even take the time to answer or to look for the problems.Now they are busy with the 757 and nothing else counts (wich by the way, I will never buy cause I don't want this nightmare to happen again).Yves

Guest abulaafia

same here: patch fixed a number of issues, has now better frame rates but flight behaviour is all wrong. VNAV, particular descent is far too steep, regardless of load and fuel. Landing at LFPG yesterday, almost empty, I let the 777-300ER descend on VNAV from 6000 to 3000 (13m to go!) and it reached a VS of 5700 (!!!) before leveling out. Utter nonsense of course.

Guest bgahan

Is the PSS 777 supposed to be version 1.1 now? How do you verify you have the correct and latest version?Thanks for the help.Brian

Guys, just to make sure, Just flight 777 is just flight. The patch here is mainly for the downloadable version over the PSS website.If ever you patched the just flight with our patch, I am not sure about the results...Norman will probably confirm this.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

>Guys, just to make sure, Just flight 777 is just flight. The>patch here is mainly for the downloadable version over the PSS>website.>>If ever you patched the just flight with our patch, I am not>sure about the results...>>Norman will probably confirm this.>>Cyrille de Lattre>>Asus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAM>ATI X800 GT 256 Meg>Win XP SP2 / FS9.1 >PSS Beta testerThe SP2 patch is published on justflight forums. I didn't install it from PSS website.So it is the good oneYves

Guest NormanB

The JF777 patches are different to the PSS patches. The resulting effect and the files within the installers are the same however.The CD is version 1 and is patched through two patches - 1.1 and (possibly - I didnt check what they called it) 2.The download is already 1.1 with version 2 available from our website under members | patches.

>The JF777 patches are different to the PSS patches. The>resulting effect and the files within the installers are the>same however.>>The CD is version 1 and is patched through two patches - 1.1>and (possibly - I didnt check what they called it) 2.>>The download is already 1.1 with version 2 available from our>website under members | patches.For example, the SP2 patch from justflight, patches only the PSS777.gau but the .air files have the same date as before (08/04/2006)Yves

Guest gat12

I have the d/l version and I am having the same problems, seems the aircraft is worse after the patch then it was before. Wish PSS could bring thier standards up to what other developers are at.Brian

>same here: patch fixed a number of issues, has now better>frame rates but flight behaviour is all wrong. VNAV,>particular descent is far too steep, regardless of load and>fuel. Landing at LFPG yesterday, almost empty, I let the>777-300ER descend on VNAV from 6000 to 3000 (13m to go!) and>it reached a VS of 5700 (!!!) before leveling out. Utter>nonsense of course. >>I totally agree. There are many issues solved but as I have said it many times, unfortunately after the patch too ,VNAV descent is a nightmare, the plane in my opinion, flies wonderfully until the T/D, after this point , the descent, and the arrival with an incredible fast speed ...eliminates the great impression caused until then.Please have a look , if it

Hi Dome,I think you may still have the 1.1 version. As Norman stated below, version 2 patch is not instlled by downloading the installer but under SUPPORT-PRODUCT FIXES. It is called the B777LR Pro 2004 version 2 and the patch file is called "777V2PATCH.EXE".John

Brian, See my reply to dobova (reply #13).John

Guest gat12

John, thanks but I got the right patch installed. And I still have the same issues as before, and you still need to close and open the cdu to get the pages to change. just still alot of problems with this aircraft. I know what PSS said the patch fixed but I am sure not seeing any changes with it.Brian

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.