Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

Fluctuating FPS although dsd_xml_tcas.dll removed

Hi there,has anyone else noticed the fluctuating FPS with the 757? No matter to what I lock FPS to, it always fluctuates 4-5 FPS below that and up to the locked FPS i. E. FPS locked to 30 - it goes down to 24,26,30,26,24. If I lock it at 35 FPS will cycle between 28,29,30...up to 34.This unfortunately makes the aircraft appear not smooth while taxiing and happens even after removing dsd_xml_tcas.dll. For some strange reason, changing the gauge refresh rate doesn't impact FPS on my system at all. This happens no regardless of refresh rate set to 2 or 18.I also have the T7 and while it fluctuates too, it's not as pronounced. Does anyone else have this problem?I don't have this with any other payware aircraft and I have pretty much all of them. As I am a performance junkie, I usually have sliders in the middle range, no AI, but AS6 running. I

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Peter,I too have the same issue. I have followed all the advice given here and still watch the frames go up and down non-stop. Does not seem to make any difference what is done (at least on my rig) the issue remains. Likewise the T7 has the same issue but not to the point that it seems to effect the smooth operation of the sim. I think we will have to wait and see if there will be any gauge tweaking done on the 757.Not much help I know, but you are not alone with this issue.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Joe,thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one out there. I absolutely love this 757, I did purchase "the other one" and really hope I can get this resolved as I'm a big 757 fan.Let me know if you've found the magic tweak ;-) I will do likewise.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Just bumping this to see if Norman might have a suggestion to this phenomenon.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

Hello,There can be a lot of reason for this, from hard disk to rebuilt fs9 config.It can also be affected by the scenery you have, and I know it is very frustrating.It is very strange cause some customer have and other do not have FPS prob.I have suffered for a while a down draft on my FPS, but for any given reason it has gone, and it was not with the PSS bird.Actualy I would suggest a rebuild of FS9 config, may be reduce a bit your autogen and scenery complexity. I know, this is not the answer you were waiting for but I have no magic trik in my hat for instance.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Cyrille,thanks for the hint. Unfortunately that didn't make a difference. I'm at the end of my tweaking witts. I just did a complete uninstall/reinstall of FS2004 and it's still fluctuating :-(What a shame, I really like this bird so much but it just doesn't run smoothly on my system.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

Guest adameke777

Pete,Don't know if it's worth anything in your specific situation, but with me, disabling the AGP texture acceleration via dxdiag and fs9.cfg (TextureAGP=0) helped with the frame rates.Also, does it happen when you set the fps lock at 25 fps ?

Adam,thanks for your help. Nothing seams to work for me :-( No matter what I lock the FPS at, it always cycles 4-5 down from that i.E. locked @ 25 I'm getting 25 and half a second later 20; if I lock it @ 35 I get 35 and half a second later 27 and back up to 35. Really weird and frustrating.I have tried the AGP settings as well without any improvements.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

Guest scalrson

I'm experienceing the same issue, however I never had the 'dsd_xml_tcas.dll' in my folder (forget who makes the planes that causes that issue) but i do not own one of their Airbuses (or anything else from them for that matter). While I do GREATLY enjoy this bird... it is a bit frustrating, and as Pete has done... I have tweaked everything I can. Just won't smooth out.SteveP4 3.4Ghz HT (Intel)2gig DDR2 RamBFG 7800 GTX 256mb (OC)Western Digital 150gig Raptor HDWin XP SP2

I don't have the problem on my system and I have loads of add-ons and freeware (I even had the CLS A340 at one time but not for very long as it's cr@p). I keep my PC clean of spyware and unnecessarily loaded software (hey, I can wait a second for things like Adobe Acrobat to open, I don't need any 'fast open' pre-loads).That CLS TCAS dll clearly had a big effect on some systems, so it might be something similar. Hopefully someone, somewhere, will identify another culprit to be deleted. There may be more than one. Presumably it has to be MSFS related, as some people have MSFS only machines with poor 757 frame rates.Software like Norton and Macafee can eat drastically into PC resources, worse than the viruses they're supposed to control. Install more efficient, less bloated, alternatives. I use AVG.In the meantime I wouldn't recommend anyone wastes a second reinstalling Windows or FS9. I haven't seen anyone reporting this has had any good effect on frame rates, though quite a few people seem to have tried it. Just a monumental waste of time and effort.Have a look at the modules folder to see if anything is loaded there that shouldn't be (switch on the option to make system files visible first). Another thing I always do is set a maximum frame rate figure (20 or 30 Hz is high enough). This allows plenty of background time for stuff to run and helps prevent stuttering frames when things get queued up. I have Autogen switched off unless a particular scenery requires it. (I find the effect unrealistic.) Finally run MSCONFIG to see what unnecessary junk is being loaded on boot up. Uncheck what you don't recognise and re-boot. You can always re-select it if it turns out to be important. If your system tray is full of icons, remember each one is using up memory. Lack of free memory could well be at the root of this.KevinAMD Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 GHz)768 MB DDRAMRadeon X700 Graphics Card

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,thanks for you suggestions, however, therin lies my dilemma. I've been using flightsims and PC's for over 10 years and know a thing about tweaking ;-) I'm no PC wiz, but I know what and what not to run while simming.You hit the nail on the head with your suggestions, but at least on my part (I can't speak for anyone else) I have all your suggestions implemented and see this 'fluctuation' only with PSS.I defrag typically once a week, or after installing a new add-on, I run from a clean boot (using MSCONFIG) and don't have any antivirus software running when I'm simming (using AVAST, but always completely disable it when I'm simming). I very much prefer performance in a sim over eyecandy as I want my sim to be as smooth as possible to replicate the sensation of speed IRL (although I only fly Cessna's and Piper's) ;-)Since this problem doesn't occur with any other add-ons I wonder if this has something to do with the FMC's interaction with the ND. I've seen similar, although less pronounced, with other PSS add-ons.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

Pete:I am in the same boat. I never had the dsd_xml_tcas.dll and my frame rates fluctuate from 5-9 fps (I have the FPS locked to 20). I have tweaked all the sliders (traffic, scenery complexity, etc...) to no avail. I have also re-installed the package several times and still no luck. So at this moment, I am not sure as to what to do next.Thanks,Fabio

Have you tried running the 757 with the Weather Radar switched off (disable via the EFIS CP)? Also I have found that apart from custom scenery, the biggest user of resources are clouds. Try flying in clear skies and see what happens to frame rates.Video card memory capacity might affect things. My card has 256 MB.I get 17-19 fps, with clouds, in both 2D and VC panels. I usually have the radar off, so I don't know what effect it has on my system.Hope you find a solution soon. The PSS 757 flies very well but this would be totally destroyed by stuttering frames.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest scalrson

Same here as well with no such luck. When running FS I have NO other background programs running (with the exception of Active Sky 6). It doesn't matter to me if I'm flying in clear weather or the worst weather imagineable with largest deck. As I said before, you name the addon... and I am probbably running it without a problem (with the exception of CLS products). I'm running a BFG 7800 GTX OC 256mb... if thats the issue... there aren't many cards out there that are better. As well Im an avid defragger (O&O, not Ms's defragger), I try to keep my computer in the best shape possible. Again my sysetm should be having a problem such as this. Turning the Weather Radar on or off makes no diffrence on my machine. The FPS still jump and down. It comes down to the fact that there is some issue with hardware and the 757, or its an interaction with either Software on the machine or another addon program. Even as possible there is a fault some where in the PSS 757. There is definatly an issue somewhere... SteveP.S. Se above post for system specs

Guest American 390

I'll add in my situation as well. Haven't flown the plane since it was released due to the low frame rates. No other plane I've got has this problem and I feel it should be addressed. I'm surprised no one from PSS mentioned this issue or commented on it.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.