Sign in to follow this  
Ayster

PSS Shop?

Hi,Just wondering if there is any news on when the PSS online shop will be re-opening, fancied buying the 777! :)Regards,Alan

I saw now the following answer(date 22/10/07) on the Vulcan forum:"The store will reopen at the earliest possible opportunity.StevenPSS Support"Guy

I'm not sure why this is taking so long to get back on line. Any news on a likely re-opening date?

Graeme Butler

There also seems to be a lack of any kind of response to other questions on the forum. Interesting. Are PSS still in existence? Not seen any replies for several days now, and it should not take anything like this length of time to upload a new product on to a server.Come on PSS folks, what is going on? The silence is deafening on several fronts. Is all OK?Rick

Guest FFT007

Hey Rick, Do you know of any other place where PSS products are being sold? I'd really like to replicate an A319 flight my friends are taking this weekend (I can't go :( ) but I really want the whole deal...realistic panel and all.-Harold Rutila FFT007 Events Coordinator VATSIM Denver Controller 1

The point I was raising was the lack of any activity by the Phoenix'n' Support team. Members are helping each other wherever and whenever possible - that's what this community does and will continue to do so well, but there is and continues to be complete silence from the (and I use the term carefully so as not to cause upset anywhere else) 'real' Phoenix employees rather than the Subject Matter Experts such as your good self.We really do deserve some answers to perfectly sensible questions about PSS itself and what is going on. Server changes should take hours not weeks. To ignore questions is just plain bad manners. The fundamental question has to be what is going on, and why has it taken so long to add a product to a server? Is PSS about to disappear on us? I for one sincerely hope not as I have almost all of their products and think extremely highly of them. Should they cease to exist, it will be great loss to simmers.Rick

In my opinion, they are readying a product for release and are fully involved with it.To answer "when will the site be up?" is pretty much announcing a release date - which will just set off a storm if the date in missed.My best guess is they are finalizing their product and preparing for several weeks of 24/7 support after the release.If we give them a little space, I'm sure we'll all be rewarded..

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

>In my opinion, they are readying a product for release and>are fully involved with it.>If we give them a little space, I'm sure we'll all be>rewarded..Hmmm, maybe, but it doesn't make much sense to stop selling your other products though...Anyway, have bought the 777 from justflight.com and got it a whole lot cheaper than I would if I'd bought it from PSS. (

Guest vrandar

>>Only trouble is I have to wait for it to be delivered, as JF didn't have a download version :(That has always been the case with PSS products: download from PSS and CD version from Justflight.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

They did have some PSS products for download, the Airbus stuff mainly, but not the 777. :( Ah well, its been dispatched this morning so should get it tommorow!cheers,

Don't share your optimism I'm afraid. Closing shop for weeks while preparing a single new product is unheard of. PSS normally suspends ops for only a very short time during prep/upload of a finished product for sale. I think something else is happening, or not - I'd be happy to be proven wrong.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

From the complete lack of any activity by any Phoenix staff on any of the PSS Forums for an ever increasing amount of time - weeks now - I am also beginning to fear you may be right. Come on PSS, at least say something that tells us you're still around.There giving them room, but how much room do they need? We're now almost a month into the shop shutdown and I really do wonder how long a business can keep it's funding source shutdown, although I really have no idea of the actual numbers of potential customers this would impact around the world.I am sure that just few words from PSS Air Ops would be appreciated by all. Please?Rick

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.