Sign in to follow this  
DescendDescend

VECTORED OFF FLIGHT PLAN

HiJust seeking some advice. I have constructed two flight plans which start and end on the same runway. This is just for learning purposes.The plans are constructed using FSnavigator and eported to FS9 and PMDG737.They load okay and appear to be valid but just before take off I am given a heading that vectors me off the flight plan. These vectors continue when airborne.Is it that VOXATC is cannot cope with being sent back to the same runway on a flight plan or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?Another problem is that when taxying to the runway I am given a 'Contact' Instruction. Almost always the VOXATC cannot understand my readback and keeps asking me to 'say again' This is in spite of understanding much more complicated preceding readbacks and after training before hand. I have overcome this by tuning off the frequency and back on again followed by the next frequency.Lastly I've noticed that the prompt window will stop updating in full screen mode if it is on another monitor (not tried it on the same monitor.I am fairly convinced items 1 and 2 are my problem but I cannot see why. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Hello Howard,I haven't tried running a flight plan that takes you back to the same airport but VoxATC will vector you out of the traffic area before putting you onto your flight plan unless you have programmed in a SID. Does your flight eventually take you back to the airport? You might try putting a SID into the flight plan and seeing if that works for you.If you are getting a repeat "say again" there is most likely something that the voice recognition is not picking up properly. Try running the voice trainer on the specific situation that is giving you this problem.I am running the prompter on a second monitor and haven't had any difficulties. I do know that Eric has had trouble with a flickering which he got a patch for. Some of these problems will only show up on certain videocard/computer combinations so do let support at VoxATC know about your specific hardware and the difficulty you are having.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

ZaneThanks for your help and also for the VOXATC teams excellent e-mail responses. I'll dabble some more with the prompter and other items.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Howard,"Another problem is that when taxying to the runway I am given a 'Contact' Instruction. Almost always the VOXATC cannot understand my readback and keeps asking me to 'say again'"I have that same problem. What I do is just repeat my callsign rather than the entire readback. This usually clears the problem.Chip B.