Sign in to follow this  
byork

Beta Screen Shots of Flight1 ATR version of FS2Crew

Hello Everyone,I'm going to keep this thread pinned on top.This thread will be used to make frequent updates regarding the development progress of the Flight1 ATR version of FS2Crew. Think of it as being like my own personal Blog...The ATR version of FS2Crew models the complete line pilot experience from the moment the captain puts his foot in the door to the second he leaves the plane. Everything that the Capt has to do, from interacting with the FO, FAs, operations, ground crew, etc., is all modelled in detail.The ATR version of FS2Crew is being modelled on a European airline that flies the ATR. Even the little idiosyncracies that make their company SOPs unique are being modelled.Enjoy and feel free to ask as many questions as you like!-Bryan YorkDeveloper, FS2Crew--------Below are a couple development pictures of the up and coming Flight1 ATR version of FS2Crew. One is of the Takeoff Data Card that the FO hands you after he has finished filling it out. The other is of a new panel that I added to the ATR that allows you to perform the Captain's oxygen test.The Flight1 ATR version of ATR features ground breaking advances in the Airline Environment genre that build upon the lessons learned in the 737 versions.Most significant of these is that the ATR version of FS2Crew is the first of its kind to be able to interface 100 percent with a high-end 3rd party addon that uses a lot of custom code.Flight1 and I have a very good relationship, and the the developers of the ATR have been very helpful in providing me with the information needed to achieve this seemless integration.The other advantage of this is that the big panels the 737 version of the FS2Crew used are gone because everything can be built right into the ATR panel itself. You don't need to input values anymore like the TDZE, for example, because they can all be read right out of the FMC.Secondly, a new way of dealing with sound was utilized which makes it a lot easier to have the Capt and FO readback instruments states.For example, during the "Final Cockpit Preparation Checklist", the FO and Captain will read back all the "actual" bug settings on the ATR (and the ADU settings as well). Key word is actual. Again, there is nothing generic about these values. This checklist layout and style is all based on an actual airline's procedures that uses the ATR.For example:FO: Takeoff Data Bugs:Capt: Yellow 115, Inner 118, White 140, Red 170FO: Yellow 115, Inner 118, White 140, Red 170, ADU 128, torques 90 percent.Capt: Takeoff Data Bugs setOther neat things can be done along this line. For example when the Capt in FS2Crew radios dispatch with his off the block time just prior to taxi, he will actually say the correct time in the conversation.FS2Crew will also feature the ability to monitor Cabin annoucements. In reality you cannot hear FA cabin announcements through the door, but if you select PA on the F1 ATR Audio Panel then you can hear cabin music, the FA cabin announcements, safety brief, etc., through the simulated cockpit speakers.Here's a beta screenshot of the TO Data Card that the FO fills out for you. Pretty well everything is not generic except for the ATIS code. I'm still trying to figure out how to pull that out of FS.Also note that when flying outside the US or Canada, the appropriate units will be used. I really want to give this version of FS2Crew an international flavor.http://www.fs2crew.com/todatacard.jpgHere's a beta screenshot of the Oxygen mask panel that you can open to perform your Oxygen test. If you click on the the panel you can hear the Capt perform his Oxygen test.http://www.fs2crew.com/oxygenmask.jpgAll the best,Bryan YorkDeveloper, FS2Crew

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Awesome. There's tons of ATR's down here at SJU... So I'm anticipating this release. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

That looks greatMay i ask, what accent is the pilot? I know a RW atr capain was used.

Something I added today:I finally gave into all your requests.Yes, Jane will now finally bring you your coffee to the flight deck.So for all those of you who complained that she was a coffee and sandwich tease (she said she'd bring the goods but she'd never actually deliver), well, those days are gone.I also added a detailed Intercom test that the FA and Capt perform together before the pax start getting loaded.Bryan

Very good you had her fired - don't want lousy FAs in our line.Jokes beside, are you planning a remake of your PMDG 737 version of FS2CREW with the new panel incorporated features?That would be brilliant - I'd more than happily pay for it once again,ThanksDom

Hello Dom,The new panel features primarily stem from the fact that I have access to all the variables used in the ATR, so basically I can read and control everything.That really makes a world of difference, and the results are really quite amazing.Total integration makes for much, much deeper immersion and realism.Now if PMDG were to provide me with the information needed to read every switch, etc., in the PMDG 737 (namely, variable names), then I might consider it.But please don't bug them for it! They're mega busy working on new projects, as am I!If you don't have the ATR yet, though, I suggest you get it. It will be worth getting just so you can use the new version of FS2Crew with it.Trust me on that!Cheers,Bryan

Guest kdundon

Looking good so far. Cant wait for the rest.

Hello Ken,Here's something new: Volume control. No 100 percent guarantees on this one, but it looks like I'll be able to get that in.You'll be able to control the volume of the FS2Crew voices; just as good, you'll be able to control the volume of the simulated Cockpit Speakers via the audio panels, over which you can hear the FA's cabin safety brief, etc., and even in theory your own PAs.You'll be able to do this using the Volume knobs on the Flight1 ATR.The volume knobs on the ATR have been modified from their current state for FS2Crew so they truly twist; in other words, they have more than just an on and off position.Bryan

Guest kdundon

Hey Bryan, Excellent idea. Looking forward to trying this out on the ATR.Ken

Guest skyhog

WOW that really looks great Bryan. Can't wait.

Bryan,Concerning the ATIS code on the takeoff card. A very tiny detail it is and does not really affect operation, but if you really want it to show correct ICAO code, why not just pull the info from the FMC? This of course presumes that the FMC is used on every flight, and therefore the departure airport code would always be available!

Hi,If you're referring to the airport's ICAO code like KJFK or EGLL that I can easily pull from the FMC.In fact, if you look at the Takeoff Data Card screen shot you can see KJFK written on top.What I'm referring to specifically is the ATIS code like A, B, C, D, etc., that is broadcast in every ATIS message from ATC.The Takeoff and Landing card has a space where you're supposed to write that code in, but as I mentioned, pulling it out of FS9 is proving tough.Even FSUIPC doesn't have an offset for it.Here's something in the ATR version that will be new for you all. This is airline's actual procedure.During the After Takeoff and Approach Checklist, you will read back the actual Alt setting as part of the checklist.The FO will read back the Alt setting too on his Altimeter.When the FO has finished reading back his Alt setting, he will round up the current indicated Altitude by 100 to 200 and announce that.For example, if his current indicated Alt is 5325 feet, he will say: "5500".As soon as his Alt reaches 5500 feet indicated, the FO will announce "Now!"At that point you will confirm that your Alt setting is 5500 and click a joystick button, or tap your keyboard, to announce "Checked".That is how you and the FO cross check your Altimeters in the ATR version of FS2Crew.Bryan