Sign in to follow this  
awralls

FMC for QTRs

BryanAs I mentioned in another novel...er, post, I've taken to flying a lot of multi-sector routes in single sessions. Some of these involve up to 4 sectors, which is about the maximum most companies employ (believe it or not, the CAA over here don't have a limit on daily hours, just on total annual hours!)One of the things I've learned is that the ATR FMC is haunted, or at the very least, has a mind of it's own. I cannot work out exactly what will make it sufficiently happy to declare 'End of Route' on landing. Sometimes it does, and others not without any apparant logic.However, in either case, it is still possible to set it up for the next leg, although the TOD doesn't seem to sort itself out until airborne again when no EOR message has been generated at touchdown. And, as you might expect, in that case I get a snide comment from Seamus, my FO. However, what's strange is that I get exactly the same snide comment about removing the discos even if I have recieved a proper end of route message and been through a proper FMC setup complete with a TOD. Now, I make sure I set up the FMC before reactivating FS2C with the clock clickspot. Would that cause the flow to go awry? There are no other adverse comments and, in fact everything works out fine.BTW, my next duty spell is planned for Saturday morning when I'm going to try a real full crew day in real time. Take off from Galway at 0700 to Luton on a route Galway-Luton-Waterford-Luton-Galway. Twenty-five minute turnrounds at each stop and continuous concentration until 1530. These guys earn their pay, I tell yer. NDB approach to look forward to at Galway as well....CheersAndy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andy,As for the EOR route stuff: I don't know I haven't seen the actual FMS code used in the ATR so I do not know what precise conditions need to be met. I can ask Hans though.Does Seamus only tell you about the Route Discons on a second leg? Cheers,Bryan

Correct. On the initial setup he's fine - I make sure to have the FMC all ready to go usually before he gets back from the walkround. On a QTR though, even if the FMC seems to be behaving as advertised with an EoR message, and I have set it up prior to reinitialising FS2C, he always gripes about the discos despite the the complete absence of any and the fact that a proper TOD is set. I just wondered if the code checked the FMC for a before and after state following re-initalising, or whether it was a simple once-only check atthe point he returns to the flight deck.