Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

A "silent" captain voice set

Flying offline using ATC I am sometimes slightly bothered by the different voices on radio and FS2Crew. I have actually disabled the pilot voice completely from MS ATC, I just get the ATC calls and "say" the lines myself. Developers of Radar Contact have to my understanding also recoqnized this problem and they offer a "silent" voice set which contains blank sound files.Would it be possible to have one for FS2Crew also? Or if I could "record" one myself, how should I do it? In addition to the above stated reason I'm also planning to use a simple voice command program to control FS2Crew functions. To do this, I would naturally need to have the Captain's voice disabled.Any thoughts on this Bryan?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Kyle,You can manually modify all the FS2Crew wav files; there is nothing stopping you from doing that. You could easily erase the Captain's voice from all the recordings. It would take some time to do though using a wav editor.I generally won't directly support a 'silenced' Captain so to speak; that's a real sub niche in my view.(Besides, my wife would put me away in the Looney Bin if I started talking to the Computer )Cheers,Bryan

Well, you're right. I think that erasing all the files and then configuring a voice command program to work would be too much of a hassle after all. Actually I found my older topic on this same subject and now remember why I gave it up in the first place.Perhaps for the fifth or sixth generation of FS2Crew we could see some voice functions integrated, ones like left seat simulations is currently using. Their program just lacks all the other good content. :-)

Hi Kyle,Unless the technology radically improves, we won't be doing voice integration any time soon.It would require making too many compromises that would undermine the realism that we're aiming to achieve.Cheers,Bryan