Sign in to follow this  
slugger

FSUIPC and Brake Assignment Settings

How much torque does it typically take to get the bird rolling and maintain taxi?I've set the FSUIPC settings per the manual, but it feels like ATR isn't rolling as smoothly as it should.My problem may be due to the DODOSIM Advanced 206 helicopter I fly, which involves changing the brakes assignments so that the rudder (tail rotor) function is assigned to the left brake axis.When I change everything back after flying the chopper, it seems like it takes a lot of torque to get rolling on the ground. (roughly 35% to start rolling, 27% to taxi)A small problem to be sure. Just curious.Thanks in advanceSlugger

Hello Slugger,This might be one for Hans and the Flight1 ATR forum.FS2Crew doesn't meddle with the brakes at all.I don't recall off hand how much torque is required to taxi. It should vary depending on weight, though.Perhaps you're too heavy?Cheers,Bryan

Your instincts were correct.I wasn't too heavy, but my weight and balance center of gravity was too far forward. (I noticed this in the FS9 fuel/payload window) When I moved baggage from the forward compartment to the rear, the ATR started taxiing properly. Now she starts rolling just after the low pitch lights extinguish, and taxis with roughly 12%-15% torque. So much for thinking the problem was a FSUIPC and Brake Assignments problem. Thanks again for the reply.Slugger