Sign in to follow this  
newpilot1962

fs2crew 737 pro edition troubleshooting

I'm new user of this amazing product.I'm,usually fly PMDG 737-700 NG,and to start using the fs2crew i've read manuals again and again.But i have two problems,possibly cause mine error:1.At TO phase(IVAO B-VNAV),after first flaps retraction(via VNAN)i click A/P button on take off page,but FO doesn't engage autopilot(CMD A)!!and 2.at monitored approach, after passing control to FO,he extends speedbrakes,if speed is above VM0,but he doesn't engage autopilot A and then autopilot B (as described in tuttorial 3 for monitored approach),neither arm the APP mode.!!Keyboard assignments list checked.What i'm doing wrong?Please help.Basil.

Hello Basil,Thank you for the kind words!1. Autopilot: Pls double check your keyboard assignments one more time. When you click the A/P button all FS2Crew does for the button is make the keypress that actives the autopilot.2. Monitored Approach: Try again, but this time make sure you pass control to the FO well before VMO (about maybe VMO + 35). Try that. Cheers,Bryan

Thank you,Bryan for your reply.Just to confirm the keyboard assignment list that i have,assign for CMD L the A and for the CMD R TAB+A.For APP CTRL+A.Is that right?or else?(I have,recently,installed PMDG 747-400).Thanks again.Regards.Basil.

Bryan,yes i can engage the A/P, myself pressing A on my keyboard.I have all the updates for 747.Possibly something wrong during pre TO phase?I have two questions:1.for ICAO B TO i must select both V and F or either,in departure brief page?and 2.when must press,after TO, the A/P in order the FO engage it?(i do it after pressing FLAPS the first time and after flaps retract to 1 position.I'm right?)Thanks for your patient.Basil.

Hi Basil,1. It could be that the PMDG 737 itself is not in the right configuration for the autopilot to engage. The test is this:When you would normally click A/P on the FS2Crew Takeoff Page, instead of doing that simply press "A" on your Keyboard and see if the autopilot engages.2. For the takeoff procedure, ICAO B Flaps 5 with VNAV is best. On the FS2Crew Departure Briefing Page, just select "V" for VNAV. Do not also select "F". Only pick 1. There are many threads on this forum describing what you need to do in detail.3. You can call for the autopilot anytime you want so long as you're above the minimum alt for a/p engagement. I suggest doing it right after calling for Flaps 1 just to make life easier for you so you can free up your hands, but there is no hard and fast rule on that.Bryan

Hello Basil,If pressing 'A' on your keyboard doesn't work, all I can suggest is this: Try re-entering 'A' for the autopilot command on the PMDG 737 Keyboard assignments menu. Perhaps re-freshing it will work.However, you did say pressing 'A' worked once before, so perhaps the issue is that the plane is not configured properly for the autopilot to engage. Unfortunately without me being there to see how you are flying the plane it's hard for me to really comment.Other than that, this would be a PMDG issue and there is little I can do about it. Have you consulted with their support forum?Bryan

Bryan, just noted that, i must press the A for 3-4 sec. in order to engage the A/P.What do you think?Thanks for your patient.(maybe to uninstall 737 Ng and fs2crew and doing a clean install?).Thanks.Basil.

Hi Bryan.I've just re-installed everything(PMDG 737 NG and fs2crew prof.edition)but unfortunaly i have same probem.So,i did a test:i have opened directly the B.TO/TO/A.TO page, without doing the whole any previous procedure,i did a TO ,i've pressed VNAV -LNAV and A/T on this page,and A/T engaged!!!.What do you think?Regards.Basil.