Sign in to follow this  

To have to issue a captain's written warning?Just after a reformat, I ran the tutorial, and guess what I get a bing from the back and we have an Air Rage incident.No other reports, I'll let you all find out about it yourselves, but it is fun.Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I also had 3 birdstrikes on a few flights already. It's of course a very nice feature, but so often it's a bit too much on the entertainment side for me. Sure everyone taste is different. Would it be possible to make it optional at all or configurable regarding the number of flights or flight hours, during which one incident would happen ?Mike

Yeah, I have to agree. I've done 6 flights and had 2 diversions. Granted, I always just ignore them and continue to my destination.I'd like to be able to just turn those features off completely.I've dreading the birdstrike, just because everybody says it scares the #%$@ out of them. Everytime I descend thru 13K or so, I sit here like I'm playing with a jack-in-the-box!!James

For your info, in order for the possibility of a bird strike to occur you must click the "Oil Check" button on the FO COMMANDS page after completing the After Start Checklist.That is a necessary condition.For the Air Rage, Sick Passenger, Pax smoking in the lav events, a necessary condition is that you have performed a "Manual Event".If you do not peform the "Manual Event", the chances of experiencing these events is zero.All the best,Bryan