Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

FO reminders

Alright, a few weeks gone by and a few flights done.I don't know is it just me, but I haven't heard the FO remind you of unread checklists and things you might have missed, as he did in the ATR version. Has this feature been removed?

Really? Did you get such feedback from the users? What do you mean by "accidentally triggered"? In this version or the ATR?I found that in the ATR version they were an important part of the cockpit role-play - you forget to do something, he reminds you. Want to guess how many times I pushed back without calling in the off block until I finally started to remember? :-) Descent checklist reminders were also good.What about taxi speed warnings? Havent heard those either. Overspeed warnings? Don't tell me those are also omitted.. :-doh

Kyle,Man, you want an 10,000 word essay on the nuances and complexities of programming in Flight Simulator 2004! :-)There are reasons for everything.Taxi speed warnings: I could program that in in 30 seconds, but generally speaking it would pretty rude for an FO to question the Capt on the taxi speed unless the Capt was doing something really outrageous.To make you happy, I'll add that in Update 1, but you'll have to be doing a taxi speed in excess of 50 knots or something to trigger the call.Overspeed warnings: In the ATR it was very easy to go into an overspeed situation due the lack of an autothrottle. I've never had an overspeed in the 767, but I'll see if the data is available via the SDK to produce such a call.I am however generally saving the emergency/abnormal stuff for later udpates.I want users to become comfortable with the simulation before I start turning up the heat on them.Bryan