Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Marker sound off below 2000 feet??

Bryan,I can't understand the marker identifier logic. In the update 1.2 pdf document you say (item 32, page 8) that the marker is NOT automatically reset to off when the aircraft is above field elevation plus 2000 feet. This means that BELOW that altitude the marker will again go to off. Indeed that is what happens, and below 2000+field elevation I can't set the marker switch to on and can't hear the marker sound.But WHY?? Usually the marker is overflown BELOW 2000 feet (about 1500 feet the outer and 200 the middle), so it will be off just when I need to hear the sound!Why not programming it so that it goes off say below 100 feet instead of 2000?Thanks and best regards,James

James Goggi

Hi James,The Marker Beacon SW (Secondary Button) is used trigger the go-around. FS2Crew gives you a 2000 foot window above the runway elevation to initiate a possible go around (should you have to go around at an altitude well above for the DH for whatever reason).Best regards,Bryan

Oh, sorry, I did not consider that, Bryan.But thus there is no hope to hear the markers sound? No workaround?I can't think of forgetting those sounds :-( Thank you.James

James Goggi