Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidkim

Autoland

Guest davidkim

Hi Chris First of all, thank you for developing such a great addon. It was certainly a good enhancement to flying 747. But I wish I could see some autoland monitoring flows such as captains and first officer cross checking LAND3 at RA 1500feet, FLARE at RA 50feet, and ROLLOUT at RA 5feet. FO usually calls out those different modes whenever they are engaged and captain confirms that while the aircraft performs autolanding. Can you implement those functions into your future updates? David

Hello David,The "LAND3" call is already there... just hit the Secondary Button. Approach type must be selected to Monitored. Hit the Secondary Button after LAND3 is announced.I'm sure Cowpatz can correct me if I'm wrong, but "Flare" and "Rollout" are not called at the airline I modelled.Cheers,Bryan

Correct Bryan,The only call made is as per FS2Crew and that is at 1500 ft AGL. FLARE and ROLLOUT are not called. They are checked that they are armed at 1500ft by the FO. If they do not activate at 40ft for FLARE or touchdown for ROLLOUT then the FO will call them ie NO FLARE.The calls may be minimalistic to some but there are so many other calls going on at that time that it is better to be listening and only call anything that has failed. Believe me when I say this is a time where less is best!CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall