Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

Speedbrakes and other problems

Hello,I have owned RS2crew of PMDG747 for a while but stopped using it because of keyboard conflicts with my CPFlight MCP.However, I thought I would give it another go and all seems to be fine so far, execpt in realtion to:1. Speedbrakes - if I extend them during flight, I lose further control of them and therefore cannot stow them again.2. If my FO helps during engine start, he pulls all of the starts, even thought I tolf him to just start 3 and 4 and then he switches all the fuel levers to cut-off after the engines have all been running for a while.I am sure these are keystrokes errors. Just one last question, in the start center, if the 'restore PMDG key assignments' appears in red, does that mean that FS2crew key assignments are operative, or not as the case may be.Many thanksRenzo

Bill Miller

Hello Renzo,1. Speedbrakes. Not sure. Suggest you ask the PMDG support forum. They might have a solution there.2. Engine Start: Go 'slow' with the Main Button, use the FS2Crew panel state (ensure fuel switches off before starting engines and start levers closed). Remember that if doing a full auto start the FO will also set the fuel levers, not you.Also, I recommend using they keyboard for the Main Button as sometimes joysticks can send two signals with a single click. That'll be equivalent to hitting the Main Button twice in quick succession, resulting in the FO behaving badly.3. If it say in red 'Restore Keyboard Assignments' it means that your Key Assignments should be currently set to the ones required by FS2Crew.You can also double check the FS2crew manual as the list of required assignments is there as well.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks Bryan.As your keystrokes and those of CPflight are hardcoded, I am never going to fully solve the problems of running both pieces of software together, but I would like to see what compromises I can make.I have decided not to use the FSCrew keyboard assignments as a whole, beacuse they would render my MCP unusable, so I have just manually added the assignment for the 'decrease autobrake' and the doors. Obviously, I will miss out on some features but I am still don't understand why I lose control of the speedbrake during the flight. This is only an issue when I use FS2Crew. Does your program exercise no control over the speedbrake at all?Anyway, thanks for your input and hopefully, when I get around to using FSX, I may not have some of these issues.CheersRenzo

Bill Miller