Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

Jet City - possible?

Guest Toni Rauch

This one's driving me nuts!I've lost count of the times I've failed this mission - are there any clues/hints on how to get through this one?Any help REALLY appreciated! T.I.A.Toni.

Guest stewi2

Fly slow with full flaps and gear down. One of the gates is inbetween two buildings so I had to knifeedge between them. Disabling autorudder made this easier.

Guest andyjohnston

Turn on your Shift-Z, turn of Stress Causes Damage (learned that one the hard way.)But I have to admit, I've never gotten through that one either!

They way I did was like the poster above mentioned, using flaps and spoiler here and there. I also saved before and after each gate, and lined up on the next one. It was tough but you can do it.-Chalkman

IT is possible. Aircraft stress should be turned off by default, i didnt get that problem and god knows ive beaten the crap out of the pooch. Flaps and going slow havent helped me at all actually, I was at very high speed the whole way. you just gotta find routes where u can get 2-3 in a row, and use that high speed to go to different corners of the area instead of trying to eliminate every one in a small area.And yea...USE THAT RUDDER! Very VERY Important...!! turn off htat Auto-rudder and use a joystick instead of a yoke if thats what u doing. If you dont have an axis to control that rudder u wont be able to complete that mission...! i got all of them and landed at boeing field with 9 minutes to spare....

IT is possible. Aircraft stress should be turned off by default, i didnt get that problem and god knows ive beaten the crap out of the pooch. Flaps and going slow havent helped me at all actually, I was at very high speed the whole way. you just gotta find routes where u can get 2-3 in a row, and use that high speed to go to different corners of the area instead of trying to eliminate every one in a small area.And yea...USE THAT RUDDER! Very VERY Important...!! turn off htat Auto-rudder and use a joystick instead of a yoke if thats what u doing. If you dont have an axis to control that rudder u wont be able to complete that mission...! i got all of them and landed at boeing field with 9 minutes to spare....
Completely agree, this is exactly what I had to do to finish the mission. I ran out of fuel while decelerating down the runway...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I have completed it. You can fly fast, but be sure to pop the spoilers so that you are flying at around 200kts before making a hard turn.