Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chase

Alienware Area 51 Having FSX Issues?

All,I recently purchased an Alienware machine and have been quite disappointed by FSX's inability to remain loaded on here. Any other game (i.e. Crysis in full settings) runs smoothly!Is there some sort of special way to install FSX with the patches to keep it up and running? I really miss this game.Thanks,Chase

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Chase,My instinct would be to bring this up with the manufacturer as I doubt whether you can point the finger of blame at FSX per se.To me your experience suggests that FSX may be stressing your machine in some unique way not being exhibited by other software. I don't know to what degree games like Crysis challenge the CPU but perhaps this could be a pointer. There are so many possibilities, but I would guess that FSX has revealed a component instability in the same way that benchmarking testing programs can and do on occasions.In any event, your PC will still be under warranty and I would have thought it perfectly reasonable to expect the manufacturer to troubleshoot this one for you.Good luck. Hope you resolve this soon.Mike

Do Alienware overclock any part of their systems?Best regards,Robin.