Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

PSS 757 load editor & fuel planner

I've been in Las Vegas this week and when I got back I saw a post that kind of asked about the load editor for the PSS 757. So I just made the comment about how I had been gone for a week and still no load editor & fuel planner. And now the post is gone. Are those working on it that paranoid about some one just asking when it might be available or in my case just commenting on the fact it's been 4 weeks and nothing, that they would pull the post. I guess some one rubbed them the wrong way while I was gone.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

normally i don't do this, but i feel also a little disappointed.still no load/fuelmanager, and that's not what they advertise....anyhow i am a patience person, and can wait longer, but i don't understand the reason of this delay, had something to do with piracy, well because of does #@$% pirates i have to wait.PSS 777 and 757 are great aircraft made by pss, also Norman on their forum is active and willing to help persons out so will see how it goes from here...., maybe they surprise the community with an update.Anyhow also without planners it's also flyable and i do want people to have a look at their aircrafts. Still believing that the planner is coming.....so continue the flying (at the moment pss pro a320)Rick

What the heck do pirates have to do with the fuel/load manager though? I mean come on, PSS says the B757 is perfectly fine and usable without the fuel and load manager but the 757 has already been pirated anyway, so whats the point in delaying it for everyone? My last PSS purchase was the T7, and that will be last. PSS would have to do a complete 180 and bring their standards up to PMDG/LDS/Dreamfleet to get my business again.

Wow just did a reply to a 757 load editor/fuel planner on the pss site just asking how it's coming along. Now I see it's gone. They now don't reply and I guess don't want anyone asking about it. A week or so back someone claiming to be the one that made the load editor and fuel planner for the T7 said they were having a dispute with pss and said they didn't want their sourse codes used for the 757. Maybe that's the problem. I mean over 5 weeks is a long time if all the problem was making it anti pirate proof.

I hate to speak for Norman, but if it was my site and I already addressed the issue and still saw 80 million questions asking the same thing, I too would have to delete them.There are other people who may have real issues they need to be able to see and address. Having 50 different posts on the same issues will make other posts get burried.It also further delays any work they may be doing because now they have to take time to do BS forum admin work just to clean it all up.Whether or not any of you agree with their delays on the fuel planner doesn't give you the right to hinder other customers with actual support problems by clogging up their forum.

>I hate to speak for Norman, but if it was my site and I>already addressed the issue and still saw 80 million questions>asking the same thing, I too would have to delete them.>>There are other people who may have real issues they need to>be able to see and address. Having 50 different posts on the>same issues will make other posts get burried.>>It also further delays any work they may be doing because now>they have to take time to do BS forum admin work just to clean>it all up.>>Whether or not any of you agree with their delays on the fuel>planner doesn't give you the right to hinder other customers>with actual support problems by clogging up their forum.>>It sure does give you the right if the planner was advertised as part of the product you PAID for and never recieved. If you cant handle those kinds of questions 5 weeks after the fact then you need to get out of the business. Every single paying customer has a right to be totally cheesed off and ask everyday where the rest of their product is. OSS doesnt owe anyone anything about any projects becuase noone has paid a dime for them PSS doesnt have that luxury.

Randy,You're right excpept for one thing: that assumes that PSS didn't answer their customers' questions about the planner, which they surely did.I'm not trying to defend them, but the original poster already knew that the planner was delayed. He apprently/obviousley didn't check the website/forums/member account, or didn't believe neither had been updated to reflect current information, to see if the update had been posted when he returned, he just posted yet another message.It would have been one thing if PSS had just ignored the messages of their customers, but they didn't, they addressed the issue promptly.In any case, customers don't have the right to further hinder all the other customers once their issue has been addressed. It's not PSS per say they're hurting, it's everyone else trying to get other things done also. All it does to PSS is slow them down even more.Again, right or wrong, and, I would tend to agree with most about the planner, but put it in it's rightful place also. You see what I'm saying?If you want to vent, then put that in an open forum somewhere rather then in their forum/property, where everyone can see it. I mean if you're going to complain then at least do it right, that's what we have open community forums for.

>Randy,>>You're right excpept for one thing: that assumes that PSS>didn't answer their customers' questions about the planner,>which they surely did.>>I'm not trying to defend them, but the original poster already>knew that the planner was delayed. He apprently/obviousley>didn't check the website/forums/member account, or didn't>believe neither had been updated to reflect current>information, to see if the update had been posted when he>returned, he just posted yet another message.>>It would have been one thing if PSS had just ignored the>messages of their customers, but they didn't, they addressed>the issue promptly.>>In any case, customers don't have the right to further hinder>all the other customers once their issue has been addressed. >It's not PSS per say they're hurting, it's everyone else>trying to get other things done also. All it does to PSS is>slow them down even more.>>Again, right or wrong, and, I would tend to agree with most>about the planner, but put it in it's rightful place also. >You see what I'm saying?>>If you want to vent, then put that in an open forum somewhere>rather then in their forum/property, where everyone can see>it. I mean if you're going to complain then at least do it>right, that's what we have open community forums for.JeffId believe em if they didnt change their tune 3 times. First there were no load editors because they were broken right before release. then they were delayed due to server load now its because of piracy. taken from their webbie advert of the 57: "Boeing 757 Professional 2006Contains 3x Aircraft models with 80 professionally painted liveries, Fully Featured Panel, Sound Set,setup and load edit utilities and more"You dont continue to advertise things you dont have and havent provided for 5 weeks. I dont have the plane, Im sure its nice but its things like this PSS pulls that keeps me from ever purchasing something from them again. They never really quite finish what they start. the support site is where you take the complaint about why you havent recieved the full product youve paid in full for. it is incomplete, not finished and not as advertised and belongs directly on their forum everyday until its fixed. Its a legitimate support question; PSS may not want it there due to it looks bad but tough. Luckily I learned my lesson with the 777.

Randy...LOL,You're getting confused. I didn't say I didn't agree with the principle of what you're saying. You're preaching to the...I remember the first time they addressed it and they did say it was because they were having to make ot work with their anti piracy scheme.In any case, I don't really feel like repeating what it was I was 'actually' saying and dont' expect anyone to understand it either...that's what I hate about forums and the internet.;) It's impossible to state or differentiate between facts, common sense, and morality with about 99.9% of all posters and readers.

I know what youre saying Im not confused. Ims aying I disagree with your assesment that it clogs up the support forums and slows down any work they may or may not be doing. Im saying it belongs on the support forums as its a legitimate beef with a company people spent money with.

It's a legitmate beef, yes, but not a legitmate support post if the user is already aware of the situation, which in this case he is or was.And a beef isn't a support issue either, IMO. They have an 'other' forum he could use as well.You're entitled to you opinion though.;-)

PSS have exhausted -in more ways than one- everyone's patience. First they claimed their load editor was being delayed due to piracy issues, then the principal software guys were held up in Malta with no internet. Thoroughly unprofessional, if you ask me. ricardo

Jeff; If you dont get what you pay for you take it up with the company on their support forums. I know this gets under your skin as you dont particularly like to deal with people however wether you like it or not support forums are for support no matter what the issue is. I know I know its tough being a developer having to deal with pesky customers wanting their product but thats what you get when you decide to take peoples hard earned money. You deal with them because you have to on your forum unless youre willing to setup a telephone number and staff it.

Well, I wouldn't characterize myself quite that way, I just personally don't like repeating myself to people who already know the answer...over and over and over and over and over again. Annoyed with me yet? LOL. Do we have to deal with it, of course we do, and in most cases happily do, but we also have to clean up our forums as well so that other people can not only get support that way, but maybe, and just maybe, even be able to possibly read another post from another user and get help in that manner also. They can't do that if they're having to scroll through 200 million pages of the same question being asked and answered.If you think it doesn't slow things down, then, well, I don't know what to tell you....and That's my point. They've already admitted to the flubub, etc., and are trying to legitmately get it worked out, IMO. Would I have done a release (assuming I could get one out.LOL) in the same manner, probably not, but that's not the point here either.To the poster (Ricardo?) who said it looks or is unprofessional. Your exactly right, it does, but our problem as internet business(s), unfortunatly is that we don't have the luxury of having our developers in house, full time, so we run into these issues. It's something we need to work on as an industry as a whole. We've all been bitten by it at some point or another. I could tell you numerous horror stories about us thinking we had something nailed, publicised it, then poof, it was gone for some reason or another.In any case, yes, the customer has a right to be selfish, but put it in perspective at the same time. That's all I'm saying.