Sign in to follow this  
Carob

video card question

Hello.I was hoping someone would be able to answer this question for me.I am considering purchasing thishttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814150161and was wondering something. This particular card only has DVI output. If my monitor is only VGA and I get an adapter to make it work, how much performance do you think I will lose?This would be used for FS9 and possibly FSX as well.Thanks very much!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello.>>I was hoping someone would be able to answer this question for>me.>>I am considering purchasing this>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814150161>and was wondering something. This particular card only has>DVI output. If my monitor is only VGA and I get an adapter to>make it work, how much performance do you think I will lose?>>This would be used for FS9 and possibly FSX as well.>>Thanks very much!You won't be losing anything in performance - only image quality. You haven't listed your system specs, but I would suggest making sure your rig has a sufficient power supply for this board, otherwise its a very 'spensive mistake. I would also highly consider waiting for DX10 boards, as well. JMHO hope it helpsRegards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

You will not lose anything compared to a card with native VGA out.However, you are spending a lot of money for a high end card...not only do you need a solid power supply (as per the previous post), but you also need a PCI-express slot which I hope your computer has..You could get a 7600GT card for $200 and have about the same performance in FS9.

This would be a card for a newly built machine. So, yes it will have a sufficient power supply as well as PCI-E slot.