Sign in to follow this  
moss1

FSPassengers Questions

Hey everyone, I was curious about FSPassengers. Can I use any addon with it? Does it affect the addon's files if I decide to uninstall? How is it overall? I am looking for something to take my simulation experience to a new level. Thanks in advance for any input.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have it and like it although it's been a while since I've done an FSPassengers flight. This is mainly because I've been flying light GA a lot recently and the program seems to be geared more toward larger airline type operations. I've used it with add-on freeware planes (Posky, iFDG, etc) and have never observed any anomalies between the program and the aircraft. Then again, these aren't complex aircraft with FMCs and what not.One thing FSP does sometimes is modify the aircraft.cfg on aircraft that have less thsn 6 load stations. In this case it will tell you the aircraft is not compatible in it's current state and will ask you if you want to modify it. A "yes" answer will cause FSP to create a copy of the aircraft.cfg and rename the original to .BAK for safe keeping, followed by adding "FSstations" to the newly created copy until a total of 6 stations is reached. Other than that I've never seen it have any effect on installed aircraft even through 1 uninstall/re-install, registration, and an upgrade to the latest version.You can try out a fully functional trial version for an unlimited time just by downloading and installing it. The only limitation is that your flights must begin at one of 3 San Francisco area airports. KFSO, KOAK, and I don't remember the 3rd. I "tried" mine for a couple months before I finally bought it.Jim

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply. I most likely would use it for small commuter up to big iron type aircraft, so it might be good for what I'm looking for. Your input is much appreciated.

I'll chime in here if you don't mind,It is a very good program, I use it with pretty much any complex airliner, Leveld, Pmdg 737, aeroworx B200. I even use it with my small GA aircraft such as carenado's 206, 182RG, Pilatus PC12(not so small but meh). You can pretty much use it with any aircraft that can carry passengers be it 180 pax or 2 pax.I mst say that sometimes I'd download a aircraft (in this case a Freeware PC12) and coul'dnt find a payload model for it on their website, It is still usable however when you load up it will use a default setup aircraft that carries 6 to 10 passengers. It still works out pretty good though.The one thing I really like about it is during the cruise portion of a flight it can get pretty boring, but with fspax you have to keep watching oil temps, pressure, fuel distribution etc. etc. becvause failures are randome, and if you catch it early ebnough it can help you alot(such as a decrease in oil pressure, or fuel imbalance)It's a pretty steep price but I think it adds quite a bit to the sim, I'd reccomend it.Like stated above, give the demo a shot and go from there.

Thanks for your input as well. Most of my flying is shorter hops, at most 1hr flights, so this may help the boring parts. I usually turn to my left and type here as I'm doing now until I get closer to starting my approach. Thanks again.