Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Using Ultimate Terain Europe - Check your memory usage...

HiJust recently, i've suffered my first ever CTD and out of memory message on a relatively fresh installation of FS9. Problem was, it happened a couple more times - eventually i found that, according to task manager, FS9 had crashed having used 1.9gigs of ram !!!Sounded like the old memory leak issue. The only thing to do was to sequentially deactivate addons until my ram usage was at a decent level. This i done - eventually discovering that ultimate terrain europe was the culprit. Anyway, dug around their forum and found out that ute 1.0 does indeed, suffer from a memory leak issue. Found the following post:-http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=100596#100596followed it and, hey presto, memory usage back at 600megs or so.My advice here, if you're using ute, just check your memory usage with task manager as you may be in for a bit a surprise...Gary

Likewise, for those using UT USA, there is a new patch (released this past week) that you will find worth installing. It addresses some issues with coastlines, flattens, and calls to a non-existant fx file that some have found to cause the 'out of memory' message and fs shutdown. Check the UT forum over on the Flight1 site for a link.DJ

I just bought UT Canada/Alaska about five minutes ago. Have yet to install, but I guess since it's new hopefully it won't leak all over the place.When I was flying over GE Pro + FE + FSGenesis west coast US, it would CTD if I changed things in flight, like time of day, season, plane, or jumping across the map. I was wondering if this was a memory thing where I was just taxing the machine too hard. If I don't change options in-flight, everyhting's fine.Hope it doesn't get worse with UT.

Probably not a memory thing - I use all those add-ons (including Canada/Alaska) except FE and have had no CTDs. The problem fixed by the patch involved an 'out of memory' message and then FS termination. It was traced to some corruption in certain BGLs that caused a constant look up attempt for an effects file that didn't exist. The only CTD that I've heard of was traced to problems with enhanced railroads and has long been fixed.DJ