Sign in to follow this  
Guest tango papa

Problem with payware vendor!

I purchased the Scout package from RealAirSimulations and had it installed on my system, and everything worked fine. Last week, I installed MSXP, which caused a few problems, which were solved. My problem is I need to reinstall it again, but I forgot my password. I've sent sent several requests to have a new password sent, but I didn't get any reply from RealAir since yesterday morning. It's a big waste of money if I can't this issue resolved. Thanks in advance.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Go to:http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box...?page=downloadsAnd look for 'retrieve lost file' for the Scout Package.If you have done that, email them (as you have done), and they will get back to you. A very reputable company. They just don't do this 24/7Which is why backing up your important info/files prior to reinstalling (when able), or on a consistent basis; Including your email database, which probably at one time contained an email from RealAir verifying your password/purchase. Believe me, I keep all this stuff, and back it up every couple/few months at minimum.That is our responsibility as a buyer, not the seller/vendor responsibility.

I did'nt loose the install file. I can't reinstall it. I have all of my codes written down in a notebook. This is almost as bad as when I purchased the package, it took 3 days before I received the file. I was spitting nails by then!!Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Then it sounds like you have everything you need, and for whatever reason, your code isn't working.Sometimes you just have to be patient, they will get back to you. As I say, these folks do not do this as their primary profession, and don't seem to 'man' their site 24/7. Nothing wrong with that, it is sometimes the 'nature of the beast' for third party developers.RealAir is a reputable company. Chances are pretty darn good that you will get service if entitled to it.Perhaps RealAir will consider the F1 Wrapper system some day, which I find the best way of buying/installing/reinstalling these products.

The password should be in an e-mail they sent to you when you made the purchase.

I wrote down the numbers given with the e-mail purchase authorization, and have tried every number, and it fails every time I try. I've tried every password I've used elsewhere, and I still end up with nothing! I'm at a total loss as what to do next. I might have well tossed my money out the window!Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

You know, now that you bring this up, something similar may have happened to me when first trying to install the Scout package.Have you tried 'turning off' any anti-virus/Internet protection temporarily while trying your password?Re-booting you computer?I can not remember why, but after trying a couple simple things, I got the installer to load.

>"but I forgot my password. I've sent sent several requests to have a new password sent, but I didn't get any reply from RealAir since yesterday morning.">SINCE YESTERDAY MORNING??????? :-fume>"It's a big waste of money if I can't this issue resolved."> . . . I'll tell ya, buddy, in case you aren't aware. . . Rob Young and RealAir Simulations has the loyalty and respect of almost every one that subscribes to this forum. Displaying "attitude" will get you no help from anyone here.Rob WILL get your problem fixed. He MAY be in hospital. He MAY be on the way to the States. He MAY be doing any one of a dozen things which would keep any one of us away from a pc. You should honestly show a little patience - you might get more sympathy.

I have been able to connect to Aerosoft for the same reason, with no problems. I'm not running any spam filters, so no blocked e-mails. I had a smillar problem D/L'ing the Kodiak file dozens of times. It would complete extracting, and then I would get error message- "bad address ..." I sent an e-mail to Mr Ortis regarding my problem, and he offered send a copy on CD by mail. Installed and fired up perfectly. Maybe there are a few gremlins inside my computer.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

I wasn't speaking of simply 'spam filters' which would keep you from getting an email. I was suggesting turning off your 'internet security' temporarily, whether it be Win XP's built-in protection, or Norton, or anyone else's.

I'm sorry if I was a bit upset about this problem, but I am now into the third day with no response from RealAir. I don't see any other solutions.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Yup; three days is gettin' a bit too long. I'm begining to feel let down as well. :(:-ukliam ROB!! WHERE ARE YOU???? YOU HAVE AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER HERE!!!!! :-ukliam This is way out of character for Rob. He usually visits this site every day. I have no idea why he would not have responded in his usual timely fashion. :-hmmm I still have to recommend a bit more patience, though, if you can; he is one great developer who actually cares about his clients and his products, and this shows in all his posts. I know he would be pretty upset if he was aware of your plight, and that he will will look after your issue immediately that he becomes aware of it. Best regards,pj

Hi there,I am not in hospital, nor am I on board an aircraft! We respond to all e-mails typically within a day, and more often than not within hours, and sometimes minutes.Not knowing the e-mail address of papa tango I cannot trace him at the moment, but I will search. Two reasons are likely. One is that we simply did not receive the e-mail. It is rare but it sometimes happens. If we had received an e-mail I would have responded AS SOON AS I SAW IT. The second reason (which is more likely) is that there are filters or perhaps over-zealous anti virus software, either on the customer's computer or his server which is simply blocking our outgoing e-mails. There is absolutely nothing we can do about this.If you are there papa tango, please send me the ORIGINAL e-mail again together with a fresh covering e-mail, if possible using and alternate e-mail address and I WILL sort it out the moment I receive it.As PJ as already stated, we NEVER ignore customers and always reply.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

HI Bkeske,It is actually our primary profession and we do man the site almost 24/7, though it is nice to get some sleep occasionally. But thanks for your calming words to papa tango, whose e-mails I cannot trace, for reasons given in a reply below.I am trying to trace him now. We NEVER ignore our customers.On another point, unless a customers bank is holding up the transaction, 99% of orders are sent within minutes. The only exception is some paypal orders which have to be cleared manually by our e-commerce provider, but this is prominently stated on our website before a customer commits to a purchase.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Real Air = Class Act - All the Way..umm - emm - err - Rob - you guys still have any projects still in the works ???That twin maybe ???:)Regards, Scott

Bad assumption on my part then Rob. Sorry for misleading, but good to know......no wonder those Eaglesoft aircraft cost so much :DReally enjoying my recent 260 purchase, keep up the typical great work.

Hello tango papa,This reply clears up all the thread replies here and was posted after I traced your e-mail address, and after your e-mail was received by the alternative means I furnished you with via Avsim's private message service.Your post here is really disingenuous, because as you know perfectly well, we have a history of correspondence, and as has been already explained to you ad nauseam, your previous difficulties with downloads were due to your server or system filtering our e-mails. I offered irrefutable proof of this weeks ago by sending you exact copies of messages from our server indicating clearly that our download and other company e-mails were not getting through to you and indeed our server attempted to deliver these e-mails to you several times in succession, and all were returned as "undeliverable".You also are aware that once I had knowledge of these failed deliveries I made strenuous efforts to contact you by other means, and this was successful since you have replied to these alternative e-mails.I also have responded WITHOUT FAIL to every e-mail I have received from you, and I think you are aware of that from the previous e-mail exchanges between us. I am therefore extremely concerned that you chose not to mention this fact in your complaint about us in your post.Whether or not you consider a recent e-mail was replied to, and whether or not you refute the fact that your server has e-mail filtering, you knew perfectly well that there was a server communication problem, you continue to assert that I have not replied to your e-mails, yet I have in my Outlook box several replies which are recorded as sent and every single one of them was sent within hours, and sometimes minutes, of receiving yours, and I have your reply to some of those e-mails, indicating that you did in fact recieve them when they were sent by alternative means.Furthermore, your original download info was sent within minutes of your order and I have already offered you evidence of this in prior e-mails. I can only assume that for reasons of your own, you are determined to give us a hard time gratuitously. I have now reset your password, and if you have difficulties with this, you are already aware that I have given you an alternative e-mail address which you can communicate with.In conclusion I feel I have already bent over backwards to offer you good service, yet your original post here clearly implies that I have ignored you. This is a travesty of the truth and I take great exception to that post. Your impatient e-mails to us consistently implied that we gave you terrible service and yet when I offered evidence that the opposite was the case, you did not have the courtesy to concede that fact, and you now continue to plug away publicly while already being aware that I have responded in a timely fashion to all of your communications.It is very rare that I communicate at this level publicly as the vast majority of our customers' issues are sorted quickly with civility and courtesy, with no need whatosever to escalate them to a public forum. But you give me no alternative in this case since you are publicly attempting to give the impression that you have not been served, and you know perfectly well that this is not the case.Therefore, in the light of your post here I am publishing this reply, though I have respected your privacy and removed personal information and e-mail addresses relevant to this matter.Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Well said Rob. Unfortunatly you occasionally get the odd customer who has an agenda and continues to spread misinformation and untruths even after you've gone more than the extra mile to satisfy them.This just proves the old addage that "the customer is always right" is not true at all.:-) While they are indeed "the customer", they are certainly not "always right":-)Not to worry, the level of "company support" shown in this thread by satisfied customers more than offsets the agenda shown by the OP.:-)

I just want to offer a humble appology to Rob Young. He was doing everything possible to make things right, but there was a problem with my ISP on this end. I was not receiving his e-mails, even without a spam blocker installed, and I was a bit hasty in venting my frustrations. I just want to set this issue straight, and send a big THANK YOU to Rob! He and RealAir are at the very top of my list in product support. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Good Stuff!Now can we go flying? :-beerchugOr maybe go back to arguing about lousy FSX frame rates, :-lol and that cheatin' Microsoft :-sae , or those 'orrible cartoonish FS9 houses?????:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Ok. . . really, - I didn't mean the bit about "that cheatin' Microsoft"!Of course - when your the only target in town. . . . . :-saepj:-spacecraft