Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Interesting New Venture

Jean-Luc,I have to admit, when I first read the press release, I was a bit irritated.I've grown really weary of being "marketed" to. Everyone seems to be making "the thing" that "I have to have" and it's always "coming soon", and boy, how it will be great ! This of course is certainly NOT exclusive to our little niche market, but I'm sure you can see the point I'm making.Reading here, that you've kept this under wraps for so long, and only now have decided to make an announcement, well, that's very refreshing.Best of luck, I look forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us.

Regards,

Brian Doney

As long as it's got dials and gauges I'll be happy.

The fact it'll work in FS9 is music to my ears! Very happy to say the least. :)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest CA7719B

It better be a G550 fully modelled and a fully functional FMC. :)

Guest jgreth123

LOL...The fan idea was pretty funny :( About the same as if they were to ship a rag w/ oil and Jet-A on it this way they make you feel like you're "there". :)On a more serious note, since the name is AirlinerXP I'd have to assume it'll be some form of commercial plane. Knowing RealityXP it will have very very advanced gauges ( smooth to boot! ) w/ crystal-clear readouts and no performance hit. I'm not big on 2D cockpits but for those that love them, Dreamfleet has some amazing 2D cockpit work. I can only assume that Vauchez from FlightScenery will be doing the exterior model and VC. If his Rhode Island and Portland are any indication of his modelling skillset I think we'll all be in for a real treat.

"Sooooo not even close Bob, it isn't even funny!"There was a certain 737-200 project that was floating around the rumor mill not that long ago (ala 'AirlinerXP'). :-hah

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

IMHO the're two possibilities what the product is:a full blown airliner with RXP gauge technology (that's what's probably more unlikely)orsomething like the missing "Jetline-C" (that's what I hope it is), but somehow "advanced" (like integrated MCP/MCU or so).There were some messages in the RXP forum that Jetline-C was never abandoned, but not yet released because of the complexity of the task of integrating an FMS into existing planes. Maybe RXP found a way to retrofit most planes with a modern FMS/autopilot. May not work with all aircraft we have (airliners like PMDG's and thelikes will always have systems so deeply integrated that 3rd parties have absolutely no chance), but with many of them.Anyway, I guess I'll be more than pleased with whatever AirlinerXP will be.Andreas

Guest jgreth123

>IMHO the're two possibilities what the product is:>>a full blown airliner with RXP gauge technology (that's what's>probably more unlikely)>>or>>something like the missing "Jetline-C" (that's what I hope it>is), but somehow "advanced" (like integrated MCP/MCU or so).>>There were some messages in the RXP forum that Jetline-C was>never abandoned, but not yet released because of the>complexity of the task of integrating an FMS into existing>planes. Maybe RXP found a way to retrofit most planes with a>modern FMS/autopilot. May not work with all aircraft we have>(airliners like PMDG's and thelikes will always have systems>so deeply integrated that 3rd parties have absolutely no>chance), but with many of them.>>Anyway, I guess I'll be more than pleased with whatever>AirlinerXP will be.>>AndreasThat's an interesting theory. I wonder then what Dreamfleet and FlightScenery would be doing in this process? Surely they wouldn't need the best 3-D modeller in the business for some gauges? I'm guessing it's the airliner just from that mix.We'll see soon I hope! ( and I hope not too long, torture! )

Guest DreamFleet

>"Sooooo not even close Bob, it isn't even funny!">>There was a certain 737-200 project that was floating around>the rumor mill not that long ago (ala 'AirlinerXP'). :-hah Wrong again, Dillon, no 737-200, but get ready to pick your jaw up off the floor when you find out what it is.;)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest DreamFleet

Well, Andreas, there's one flaw in your reasoning for your second supposition:Why would Airliner XP need DreamFleet and FlightScenery for just a gauge simulation, regardless of how advanced it may be? No comment on your first one however. ;)Otherwise, I am sure you will be pleased! :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

If it's an Airbus more than my jaw is going to be on the floor... :-lol We talked about this too many times in the past (you hate Airbuses). :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>IMHO the're two possibilities what the product is:>>a full blown airliner with RXP gauge technology (that's what's>probably more unlikely)>>or>>something like the missing "Jetline-C" (that's what I hope it>is), but somehow "advanced" (like integrated MCP/MCU or so).>>There were some messages in the RXP forum that Jetline-C was>never abandoned, but not yet released because of the>complexity of the task of integrating an FMS into existing>planes. Maybe RXP found a way to retrofit most planes with a>modern FMS/autopilot. May not work with all aircraft we have>(airliners like PMDG's and thelikes will always have systems>so deeply integrated that 3rd parties have absolutely no>chance), but with many of them.>>Anyway, I guess I'll be more than pleased with whatever>AirlinerXP will be.>>AndreasYeah...and Add Vauchez to paint each individual nut and bolt of the airliner ROFLMAO... ;)Just Kidding... :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest DreamFleet

I wouldn't be "kidding", Manny.I recently saw an early screen shot from "Vauchez", and had it not been for one little part that he had not yet gotten to modeling / texturing, I did a double take.I thought I was looking at a photo of the real thing!Nothing yet in FS to compare it to. That's how far advanced it is, and with low frame rates to match. He knows what he is doing.He is SO far ahead of the pack it isn't funny. Then again, considering his background in professional 3D modeling (he made his living doing it, big time), and his scenery products for FS, this should come as no surprise.Add Jean-Luc Dupiot, from Reality XP, whose proprietary code makes GDI+ gauges look like Dinosaurs crawling at a Snail's pace (they usually are), and I am the only one who has to worry about his roll in this venture!Then again, I'm working in photo real graphics at about 5 times the resolution I usually do, and that seems to be posing no problem. You will see them that way too.I'll admit that I am the "underdog" in Airliner XP, and that in itself is scary!I / DreamFleet are just happy to have been invited along for the ride. ;)Now, I just have to get this Airliner XP web site together (my responsibility) so we can show you what we have! Oh, great, make me do the web site! :-lolSadly, the web site will not do it justice, you have to have it on your PC and see the low frame rates and the quality.I've been in this business for 7+ years, and I am so impressed. Not by my work, but by the work of the rest of the team.No "smoke and mirrors", just reality, and a huge dose of it too. I am a part of it, and at times I feel as though I am just a potential customer with an inside track! :)I give Jean-Luc and Vauchez a lot of credit, and my compliments. They certainly deserve it.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg