Sign in to follow this  

Is Alphasim ripping people off?

I've never purchased from this company before, and they seem to be reputable, but after purchasing a product from them they will not let me download it. At first thought there was a problem with the website, so I purchased it a second time, and then tried again a third time later in the night, yet when I go to my account to downlaod the product it still says I have not purchased anything and won't let me downlaod.All three times it said my card was approved, and gave me a reciept number, yet it tells me I have not purchased anything.I emailed them and after two days I have not recieved a response, so I have to wonder if these guys are shady or what. I would certainly expect an email repsonse after 24 hours, but no. Has anybody had a problem like this with Alphasim? I wonder what is going on?

I ordered the MiG-25 from them a few years ago. The ordering process was good, and I had no problems at all. They have been around since the days of FS2000 and even before then! :)You can trust them!

I've ordered stuff from them before with no problems. They've been around for a number of years.ricardo

I am another happy Alphasim customer. I just bought the SR71, and I'm loving it, and have a few earlier Alphasim jets too. Get in touch with them directly, and check your credit card transactions, I'm sure they will sort you out.EDIT: I see you've emailed them already, have you tried their forum?

Ok well if they are a well known company then I will just have to wait until I hear from them. It sucks though when you wait all week to get yout new toy on the weekend, then you can't have it! LOL

Guest rpjkw1155

I've bought a number of aircraft from them and never had a problem. Their download procedure was a little strange to me in the beginning, but worked just fine. Could you be overlooking something? Did you get the user name they assign you when you purchase? That's the key.Bob

I can log into my account fine, but after the purchase goes through and charges my card I find the aircraft is still in my shopping cart as if I never purchased it. I checked my card and I was in fact charged three times for the product, twice to one card and once to another card that I tried, in case that was the problem. The wierd thing was after it gave me the approval message and the reciept number it went to a page not displayed message, so I was thinking there was a website problem and it wasn't updating my account with the purchase. I hope they give me back my money for the two extra puchases. lol Or let me download another plane.

Yes it is a web problem - with your browser settings or firewall not allowing the process to be completed.After the purchase is confirmed, the purchase processing contractor site has to 'report back' to the Alphasim web site automated system that the purchase was valid. It will then setup your download.I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago.One quick e-mail with all my information was answered in about 36 hours and I had my downloads.The site, and I assume the support, is in New Zealand. Their business week should start in a few hours, and you should get a reply to your e-mail today.Just as a word of advice, NEVER, EVER complete a second purchase if it appears the first one went through correctly. Wait until you get your credit card billing statement.