Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Aerosoft EDDF AFCAD problem

All of my AI are parked in the wrong places so I have tried to install a new AFCAD but I cannot work out how to do it. Where does the new AFCAD go and do I have to delete any of the old AFCADs? Also is ther a good AFCAD that you use that works propperly? If so can you let me know how to get it.Cheers. :-wave Andy S

Technically AFCADS can go anywhere as long as that folder is activated in the scenery library.Most often the best place is Addon Scenery/Scenery since this folder is already activated quite low down the list. So you just need to dump afcads here and they automatically get picked up by the sim. Just ensure you aren't doubling up on the same airport.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I have looked in the scenery library and I have AESlitefor GAP-EDDF, EDDF_2005 and EDDF_LC all activated. I have put the AFCAD in all of these folders but it doesnt do any good. Should I only have one of those folders activated or something?Andy S

Airport data files like AFCAD don't work the way regular scenery layering does. There is a lot of hard coded behavior with them.But the key is you must have only ONE AFCAD file for each airport, besides the default.More than one AFCAD file will cause many types of confusion.That's why it's a much better practice to put all AFCAD files in one folder - so you can see them and see and get rid of duplicates.