Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Countdown To Maddog 2006!

Agreed, an insane price for an incomplete package. They should have taken the time to develop a product worth the pricetag. I'll skip this one.

Guest SilverCircle

>Chis I find this funny and sad at the same time. $45+ for>basically a 2D panel upgrade and people are jumping up and>down about it. A package for this price needs great sounds, a>great FDE, and usually a completed visual model including a>VC. That's just the standard today for that kind of money. >If CaptainSim tried this they'd be crucified...Well, that's not fair. Compared to the 2004 version, the new maddog has a lot of new features, really a lot. Working WX radar, a F/O panel, a working multicrew (aka cockpit sharing) feature, working windshear alerts, system failures, a instructor module, ground operations, a very comprehensive load manager, a working FDR, full panel state saving and much more. It is a *major* upgrade, that has been said by someone who was beta testing the new panel and who should know, because he was a real MD-8x captain for many years.Its much more than just an upgraded panel. The feature list is one of the most complete I've ever seen for an airliner.Plus, the VC upgrade will be free (and I have no reason to *not* trust them here, because the Maddog devs have shown a big commitment to their product in the past - they patched the troubled 2004 release for almost 2 years until it was a nearly perfect product).And its also a dual-FS release. The FSX version will be free of charge for anyone who buys the FS9 version now.I agree that the missing VC isn't the best thing, but for now, I can live with that. If you don't trust them enough, then I suggest to wait for the VC upgrade and then reconsider your opinion. It's a really nice addon and skipping it would mean to miss one of the best airliners available for MSFS.

Guest mikealpha

>> and people are jumping up and down about itPost like this make me worry about the part of the hobby I am enjoying.Why shall developers in future care about simulation accuracy and system depth (this is what eats up a lot of development time) , if a product and/or it's value is only judged from screenshots and VC existence.Some are happy with just a VC and beautiful night lighting. Ok, nothing wrong with that. VERY high systems accuracy, EGPWS, weather radar , Multicrew module, failure and instructor module. You don't care, has no value for you ? Again nothing wrong with that.But do you get blamed for enjoying half-baked simulations like e.g. Simmer Sky MD11 ? No, you aren't. But then - why don't you leave others their part of the hobby and just go elsewhere ?Yes, I'm jumping up and down about Maddog 2006. And I still would if it would cost 100$.Mike

Ricardo,You raise some valid points, and for the record, though I support the team behind this product, and have for some time even publicly here, I too will be waiting a bit before purchasing.Having said that, I don't think it's fair to hold THIS team responsible for the Lago/JetCity fiasco, as they had absolutely zero control over that situation.That also applies to the discount situation; the only way they can verify who purchased through Lago, is via Lago themselves....if Lago doesn't play ball, what would you have them do ? It isn't gonna kill anybody to wait awhile. One thing I think this team has demonstrated, that others have not, when in similar situations, is that they are dedicated over the long run; the 1.51E patch coming almost 1.5 years after the original Lago release, after everything Lago did to screw the whole mess, should be at least a small testament to that.One other thing I'd like to highlight is that with these folks, you will get an honest answer to your questions. It may not always be the answer you want, but I've never seen them once try to BS their way out of answering what's asked of them.

Regards,

Brian Doney

The level of realism is simply fantastic... Way above Coolsky guys... And I mean WAY ABOVE.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest georg

Can someone perhaps compare it to PMDG747 or LDS 767?

>>> and people are jumping up and down about it>>Post like this make me worry about the part of the hobby I am>enjoying.>>Why shall developers in future care about simulation accuracy>and system depth (this is what eats up a lot of development>time) , if a product and/or it's value is only judged from>screenshots and VC existence.>>Some are happy with just a VC and beautiful night lighting.>Ok, nothing wrong with that. >VERY high systems accuracy, EGPWS, weather radar , Multicrew>module, failure and instructor module. You don't care, has no>value for you ? Again nothing wrong with that.>>But do you get blamed for enjoying half-baked simulations like>e.g. Simmer Sky MD11 ? No, you aren't. >>But then - why don't you leave others their part of the hobby>and just go elsewhere ?>>Yes, I'm jumping up and down about Maddog 2006. And I still>would if it would cost 100$.>>Mike >>Mike, since you seem to be a "realism nut," let me ask you this: in the "real aeroplane," is it realistic for pilots to sit with their noses pressed against the (2d panel)?ricardo

Mike and Alex, no matter how you try to dress this up it's still a 2D panel with a Jet City freeware visual model. Once they integrate all those features into a working VC that looks good both day and night then we'll have something. The older Maddog (2004) was far from a perfect product... Again you had a great 2D panel that worked with freeware visual models. The Lago VC looked horrible at night. The only real benefit of that product was for 2D fans. I've parted ways no matter how good from 2D panels since the release of FS2k4. I surely won't go back in the era of FSX. If your going to give these guys credit let it be for the 2D panel alone. Sell the thing as a panel only and let people get their own visual model and sounds. Right now it's all hype when no work really went into anything outside of the panel. Charge people $25 for a great 2D panel (and that's a bit high). Don't market this thing as a full product with comparable prices to PMDG's 744, that's highway robbery... I guess if you guys will buy it why not make the money...For the record I've had nothing but great experiences with CoolSky/Flight1's MD80. Anyone having problems is in the minority. Maddog 2006 is by far not a comparable product to CoolSky's effort. That guy hand built everything (Sounds, visual model, VC, FDE, Avionics, etc).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Mike, I'm with you on that. 100%... This MD82 sim is AMAZING.

Outside of the price nothing else is really comparable (well maybe the 2D panels are all on the same level). You get a freeware visual model coupled with an excellent 2D panel, that's it.Based on that information I'll let you do your own comparison to what LVD and PMDG has given us.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>Can someone perhaps compare it to PMDG747 or LDS 767?Plain and simple. In the same league with Level-D and PMDG system wise... Not a doubt about it. Now time you tell if there's some (big ugly) bugs in it...

Dillon,"2D panel with a Jet City freeware visual model...":-roll When it comes to relative fidelity of an airliner sim, you'd be about dead last on the list of opinions anyone with a true interest would value, you've demonstrated time and again where your priorities lie..."Maddog 2006 is by far not a comparable product to CoolSky's effort.."So you've purchased MD2006 then ? After all, that would be the only real way to make a valid comparison.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Water Mango

Dillon for the 2D crowd this is actually a nice add-on although the pricing is comparable to Ariane's overpriced work.I wouldn't go as far as you, I'd do like Sky Decks and charge $19.95 for this panel. People are basically paying an extra $30.05 for the freeware Jet City visual models coupled with this package... :-lol Like they say a sucker's born everyday...

Guest Water Mango

Ooh so there is a VC included with this package among other things that PMDG and LVD has given us in the past??? :-eek I'm really sorry, it's really not just a 2D panel coupled with a visual model for $45+... :-)