Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Countdown To Maddog 2006!

According to the developer, the start of the sale of the new Maddog version is set for Thursday, March 15, a.m. European time. Much looking forward to this. Here's hoping the release will go a lot smoother compared to the last time. Added/New Features Here:http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1564The MD 80 is one of my most favorite addons, even though half the time I press the wrong buttons (the cockpit layout must be a nightmare for folks interested in CRM, lol).Forgot to mention:1) Previous owners of the Maddog 2004 will be able to buy the new version at a discounted price:http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20562) The manuals are already available for download. The new version comes with a detailed flight tutorial, in both English and, naturally, Italian.http://www.flythemaddog.com/download/2006/...og_2006_doc.zipricardo

Yes but lets hope they have their stuff together when it comes to buying it. Nothing worse that having to hit the download button 150 times and then to find out that you get 3.8 KB/s download because they didn't have the server bandwidth. I love that excuse "due to massive amount of interest in this product the servers are at max capacity". What you couldn't figure out that for the last 6 months of people talking on the forums that the downloads were going to be huge? Wilco is notorious for this.

Really looking forward to this one. If I remember correctly from their forum it should be available via their website and simmarket.Wonder if I should stay up for this tonight ;-)Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Jack,honestly, it runs so good that I haven't looked at my FPS in a while. This system was build with FS9 (yes, FS9 no typo ;-) ) in mind and it runs it like crazy :-hahAlthough not a benchmark test in my PMDG 747 in VC view with Active Sky providing real weather in the worst conditions and UT traffic at 95% on an approach into Aerosoft's Frankfurt it never goes below 30 FPS, never. I have all sliders to the right, exept traffic is at 95.I'm hoping for the same performance in the new Maddog.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

He Guys,stop hijacking my Maddog a really excited user thread. :-lol :-jumpy ricardo

Hehe, looks like the livery's pack is being uploaded as we speak...http://www.flythemaddog.com/downloads.phpPetehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

Yeah but try downloading the "livery pack". It is actually routes.zip. Messed up there....wooops. I was asking Pete how that system runs because I was going to upgrade my system to something similar except the QX6700 processor and maybe wait for the R600 ATI card that is coming out if it doesn't keep getting delayed. I just threw over 4K on my system exactly one year ago on a AMD FX60, dual 7800GTX, etc and of course, like every simmer, I feel I can get something better!

Guest mikealpha

Yup, it's Maddog day !It looks very promising indeed. The most complete simulation package I have ever seen (weather radar, multicrew, failures module, etc., etc.).Mike

I'm a little disappointed that a) apparently, previous owners of the Maddog 2004 will have to wait until a discounted version of the Maddog 2006 will be made available and :( that the time frame for the virtual cockpit seems vague ("during 2007). ricardo

Guest Water Mango

"b) that the time frame for the virtual cockpit seems vague ("during 2007)."The excitement over this 2D only project is puzzling. Jet City visual models are being marketed with an upgraded 2D panel. The going price for this package is $45+ all the while the asking price for the fully completed CoolSky/Flight1 MD80 (2D Panel, VC, Training module, etc) is only $34.95. The upgraded VC option for the Maddog 2006 model has been promised for almost 2 years yet all we get is a great 2D panel 'again' using aged Jet City external models (which is insane for the price). This is actually worse than the various meaningless 727/757 'Blocks' from CaptainSim. Maybe it would do CaptainSim some good to release a very good 2D panel along with their visual models. The VC can come in a 'Block' 15 years later. It seems many would be fine with that versus us in the VC camp that want a completed product. :-roll

:-lol Chis I find this funny and sad at the same time. $45+ for basically a 2D panel upgrade and people are jumping up and down about it. A package for this price needs great sounds, a great FDE, and usually a completed visual model including a VC. That's just the standard today for that kind of money. If CaptainSim tried this they'd be crucified...Don't get me wrong the 2D panel looks great but for $45+ (and that's all you get) is higher that what Ariane is charging for their products. Avionics/FMC aside, I'll take the CoolSky/Flight1 model any day over something like this...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm beginning to agree with this. I was hoping for a substantial discount, now it seems that it's not clear whether a discount will be forthcoming at all (I don't think the developers of the Maddog are going to get access to the Lago customer database in order to retrieve order #).Plus, I'm having a real problem with the unspecified release date for the virtual cockpit. Lago and the developers never delivered on their promise to make the Lago version vc compatible with the Jetcity aircraft. Lol, I'm still waiting for the (promised!) virtual cockpit for Igfly's Tupolev.Sadly, I think I will have to pass on this new version of Lago's Maddog. ricardo

I'll take the>CoolSky/Flight1 model any day over something like this... I would too if the Coolsky plane didn't crash with OOM errors on every other flight. It's very good, but if I can't complete a flight with it then it becomes useless.I will likely stick with my 2004 version. It does just fine, satisfies my maddog needs, and this new version hardly seems worth that kind of cash.

- Aaron