Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Countdown To Maddog 2006!

Brian for $45 I'll humbly pass on this purchase... :-rollActually the price in USD is $66.17. That's way too much for a 2D Panel and visual model. This is actually the same price as Ariane's aircraft and I hate to say it but you get much more from Ariane... :-eek :-lol

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

NOT FOR $66.17!!!

FS2020 

Then you have no basis for comparison, and making statements like:"Maddog 2006 is by far not a comparable product to CoolSky's effort.."is pure trolling.Say all you want about the method of delivery, price, etc. I'd be inclined to agree, at least partially, there. The rest is rubbish.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Water Mango

WOW... $66.17 USD Thanks Dillon for taking the words out my mouth...I'm done here, discussion's over for me... :-wave

Then see my reply to you above, and move on. Let those with an actual interest, discuss the product, mmmkay ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi there,well, I'm loving it. I never owned the 2004 Lago version, so I can't speak for it. This 2006 version is a real treat IMHO. Yes I am a 2-D kind of simmer, the panel looks and feels right. FPS not an issue at all. The exterior is very nice although I don't know if its the old Jetcity or a new model (mdl is dated 3/8/2007 so I'm assuming it's new).I'm buying almost every available add-on and this one appears to be done with an extreme level of detail regarding systems and FDE. I have only done a few short traffic patterns, much more stuff to learn about this bird but so far it just feels right (not a very scientific statment, I know ;-) )If you like reading the manuals are great. Easy to understand, yet mandatory if you want to get that bird of the ground from a cold and dark situation ;-) It's been a loooong time since I had to use a tutorial flight to get off the ground, this one I had to do the tutorial..... BTW, I love the simulated icing on this one, and the weather radar is just awsome. FMS fully functinal without any bugs (again, haven't tested enough yet).So far this is a winner for me. Expensive yes, but my early tests have proven this to be a worthwhile purchase to satisfy my need for a great system simulator, which this Maddog appears to be.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Brian for the record I own the Lago Maddog 2004 version. I waited for them to upgrade not only the 2D panel but also the VC. Once the CoolSky model came out I uninstalled the Lago version. I've used the Jet City models with the Lago version so I know what they look like. Looking at the screenshots on SimMarket it's more of the same visually.I REFUSE TO PAY $66.17 USD FOR AN UPGRADE TO A PRODUCT I WAITED 2+ YEARS TO GET FIXED ALL THE WAY AROUND. MAYBE IF THEY OFFERED A REDUCED PRICE FOR PREVIOUS OWNERS I'D LOOK AT IT BUT THIS IS UNREASONABLE...So in essence I've been around this product for quite some time... I may not have this latest version but I've had everything before it. Like I said above for a 2D panel it's outstanding but that's it... :-boom

FS2020 

Guest Water Mango

Brian I own the 2004 version with all the patches. I don't need the latest version to tell me what this package is all about. I agree it's a great 2D panel...But for $66.17 USD I will concede and let you guys have the floor. A 2D panel for this price is not even worth discussing...

>Maddog 2006 is by far not a comparable product to>CoolSky's effort. That guy hand built everything (Sounds,>visual model, VC, FDE, Avionics, etc). I will do the comparision for you since I have both, something you appearantly do not...Nevertheless you are absolutely right that the Coolsky MD80 is not comparable with MD2006: They simply are not in the same league. MD2006 is much, much better. The flightmodel of Coolsky is horrible.A better comparision would be PMDG 744 and LevelD 763 (which I also own both). MD2006 is in the same league. Granted I have MD2006 only for a few hours, so it's my first impression. It's very easy to judge something without having the actual product.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Dillon, FFS..."I REFUSE TO PAY $66.17 USD FOR AN UPGRADE TO A PRODUCT I WAITED 2+ YEARS TO GET FIXED ALL THE WAY AROUND. MAYBE IF THEY OFFERED A REDUCED PRICE FOR PREVIOUS OWNERS I'D LOOK AT IT BUT THIS IS UNREASONABLE."That is your decision to make, for you and you alone. You have a bad habit of speaking in very general terms when posting; you do not speak for anyone but yourself, seems you tend to forget that.Also, the model is a new build, but nice try. Open your eyes before your mouth next time. The WIP shots of the model being built have been available in their forums for months.http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1564EDIT: For linkage.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest mikealpha

>> since you seem to be a "realism nut," let me ask you this: in the "real aeroplane," is it realistic for pilots to sit with their noses pressed against the (2d panel)?Ricardo,we all have to live with compromises in our flat 2D Monitor world. What's of more value - where do we sit or what do we see ?It is realistic to have instruments as close as possible to the real thing, that's why I prefer 2D multi monitor solutions over VCs. In a VC, you have to zoom far in to get displays or instruments really big, with the result of a far too small field of vision then.I give another example : In a real airplane, it is mandantory the two crew members shall not have BOTH their heads down e.g. on an FMC. How do you want to achieve that, alone with a VC ? A 2D panel with popup FMC, not obstructing my outside view and view on the T-Stack (or PFD), is the much better solution for me. I have nothing against VC, we can discuss forever about the yes or no.Yes, I am a "realism nut". 15 pages just for cockpit preparation and system tests in the tutorial. An audio-visual feast with all the lights and voices coming up. I turn on the Air Cond Supply and see a spike on the APU loadmeter reflecting this. That is system depth.And my wife will have fun to give me a sudden failure via TCP/IP out of nowhere :DIt is sad seeing people judge about a product not even knowing about it. This product has been made with A LOT of dedication to the Maddog, one can notice it from the first minute. As Fritz (Eazy2k) has correctly said above, it is WAY above the Coolsky MD, with regards to systems and simulation. And on my FS box is written Flight SIMULATOR. On others not ;) ? Mike

It's still a visual model only...Once they finish it and offer previous customers a reduced price (if that ever happens) then maybe I'll take a look at it."Open your eyes before your mouth next time."Brian you really need to leave the personal attacks alone before you get banned and/or this thread get's locked, 'mmmkay'???

FS2020 

There is no personal attack there, Dillon. You don't know what you're talking about here, yet post as if you do.You said, definitively, that the model was a freeware version of the JC model...you are wrong. Why would anyone take you seriously re the rest of the rubbish you've posted ?Please...If you do not know what you are talking about re this product, as you have clearly demonstrated, why are you still posting ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

"A better comparision would be PMDG 744 and LevelD 763 (which I also own both). MD2006 is in the same league."Chris said it best below, this is not even worth discussing... :-roll To each his own... :-beerchug

FS2020