Sign in to follow this  
jfri

FS Flying school or FS Passenger

I'm looking for a program that can make me aware of and point out when I do something wrong when flying. I understand that both FS Flying school and FSPassenger does this in some way. So which is best in doing what I'm looking for?

Hi jfri, I don't have either program, but what I have read, FS Passengers is more for the pilot that has to watch the numbers, and how he/she handles the aircraft in normal and emergency situations, as well as all the daily corporate grind etc... that goes with being a commercial or a private pilot with passengers aboard. FS Flying School would be more for the pilot that wants to have an instructor on-board to simulate flying lessons as in real life.

>Hi jfri, I don't have either program, but what I have read,>FS Passengers is more for the pilot that has to watch the>numbers, and how he/she handles the aircraft in normal and>emergency situations, as well as all the daily corporate grind>etc... that goes with being a commercial or a private pilot>with passengers aboard. >FS Flying School would be more for the pilot that wants to>have an instructor on-board to simulate flying lessons as in>real life.Yes for example while trying the FASPassenger demo I was told at the end of the flight that the passengers complained about excessive negative g forces. A thing I was completely unaware of and an example of things I wan't to be informed about.In FSflying school the instructor tells you when you do wrong and if there is room for improvement. For example when I tried flyingschool demo the instructor yelled when I made abrupt turns. Also a thing I want to be told about.

I LOVE FSP! I won't fly with out it. It keeps you really honest. It even has a financial mode.Land too hard you say? Damage the landing gear you say? Your paying for it.

Hey guys, why we are the subject.. I have been considering this product and believe there is a demo available. I hear there is somewhat of a performance hit? I can't afford any hits, as my system is borderline in acceptable performance now. Do you notice any degrading on your end? I really wanted to avoid installing the program, then to find out that I am not able to use it due to a loss in performance. Your input is much appreciated.

I only notice the hit if I have the "mini report" showing in the corner while I'm flying. It's about 5 FPS.I don't really look at it as I just fly and see what happens so I have it hidden all the time, you can look at it anytime you like by bringing up the task bar and selecting it.The mini report let's you know what the passenger satisfaction is during the flight and such.If it's not showing I notice no hit in FPS at all.BTW, the demo is fully operational with only one catch, your flight has to originate at KSFO. I tried the demo for a half dozen flights and decided that I couldn't fly with out it watching me.It works for almost every plane (GA or Airliner).

Thanks altstiff, much appreciated. I have been following this for some time. FS9 keeps me very busy now that I use the New FS Recorder Module. I have been working on capturing alot of flights which has given the sim new meaning to me. I plan on using fraps to create the final clips and edit them to be realistic as possible as you would see them on flight level and such. Anyway, sorry to drift OT. FSP should add some interesting elements I hope. I fly as though I am in a real life situation all the time, so it would be interesting to see what this program throws at me. Thanks for your reply once again.

Not a problem.That's another cool feature of FSP. It's add's random failures (and failures if you mess up).I was on final approach and gave her flaps 25 when going a few knots over the limit and broke the flaps. Again FPS made me pay for my mistake.Also, I had one 727-100 in my fleet and never did maintenance on it, then had an engine failure shorty after takeoff.As well I have had the odd bird strike, sick passenger and so on. It's also very customizable (you can increase/decrease the frequency or shut it right off).Your going to love it if your a serious sim flyer.

Guest JeffPreston

Hi all:Just thought I'd jump in and help if possible.FSP does a very nice job of making the pilot feel part of his own airline and concentrates on keeping those passengers happy and the fleet correctly maintained.FSFlyingSchool runs on FS2004 * AND * FSX and is indeed about airmanship - the handling of aircraft in any situation, including lights and heavies. The pilot will get detailed ratings for flights, landings and even circuit training at any airport - the toughest test of airmanship within the program.FSFlyingSchool has a random failures system which goes far beyond standard FSX. The pilot can set the level of challenge preferred and will have to deal with damage to gear and flaps, and faults with spoilers, engines, switches, entire systems and loads of cockpit instruments.And of course, hot shot pilots can submit their scores to the web to compete with others all over the world.Pilots have reported no perceptible frame rate loss with the program - if your PC is able to run FS fine, then you're all set.Hope this helps - any questions, fire away!