Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Ground Environment V1.08 - Question about activating

I installed the plain vanilla GE (not the PRO edition) V1.08 some time ago but am not sure if it works as it should. The world certainly looks great by day and night on my system but when I click on the GE icon on my desktop, there are two check boxes for GE global textures by day and by night. It says to check them if I want the textures to be active. I can't honestly tell if there is any diff whether the boxes are checked or not and am not sure if I really need to do so anyway. If the stuff is already installed--and I saw it being installed with progress bars--surely GE is already in the sim and being used every time I boot up FS2004, no?Appreciate any guidance/clarification, thanks!JS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think if you saw the progress bars going then it's installed and you don't need to worry.

I have the same version as you and the boxes are NOT checked. You only need to check them before you click the install button.

The check boxes to not indicate that the textures are "active". That is not their purpose. The check boxes are used to choose which texture sets are actualled installed. You only need to do that once when you initially install GE. Once the textures are installed, they'll always be "active" in FS.