Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

Good Twin Otter FDE?

Hi everyoneAfter getting FlyTampa St.Maarten scenery (with St. Barthelemy and Saba included), I decided to download the Premier Aircraft Design Twin Otter for flying between the islands. I like the visual model and the panel is not bad, but I find almost impossible to taxi with that plane (uncontrollable)... and I find it a little bit overpowered. With a little bit I mean I can rotate at Saba before I run out of runway!!! (In a FL350.com video you can see that the takeoffs there are aircraft-carrier like). Can you recommend me a good FDE por the plane (or a different model, I won't care)?Best regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel

I was very disappointed with Premier Aircraft Design's Otter and keep using Lago's (www.lagoonline.com) should I need a Twin Otter...Andreas

Guest pclark36

I'm a big fan of the Dantes and Illanes(sp?) [at work, can only access the avsim forum] DHC-6. I love the flight model. I had to do quite a bit of tweaking on the panel to make it work IFR well, but it wasn't hard. I've tried using it's .air file to the PAD DHC-6 but I must have done something wrong because it still seemed to fly the same. I have the Lago DHC-6, but I can't stand the panel lol, I guess you can't please everyone.