Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

Software for flightplanning

Guest georg

Hi mates!I am having slight troubles with flightplanning. There used to be some good planning tools available like PM Flight Planner (pmfp.com) but at least that one is out of service and will probably stay so :( I've been looking for a planning tool similar to what airlines use so that I could get an operational flight plan from it and some more necessary information. It must also have the current navdata in it. There's the www.euro-book.net system but it uses AIRAC 0608 and the planning tool inside Vroute.info is also on 0608, unfortunately.If you know a tool which could help me, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Guest georg

Thanks, guys. Those web based planners which are popular among VATSIM are not really able to produce a good OFP. Rfinder is very good but it just gives the route and that's all.I've heard a lot about FSBuild but I don't know if it's more like a flightsimmer's tool or actually useful for good realistic OFPs too.

Georg,I use FSBuild, and find it to be more than adequate for my requirements.If you want super realism, I suggest you check out: www.danur.com/frontpage/index.htmThis is a watered down version of real world dispatch software.Hope this is of use.Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Hello,If you are going to use FSBuild, make sure you understand that there will be times that you "WILL" be out of date with your AIRAC Cycle.Since FSBuild's AIRAC is not updated regularly, I have since started using FS Commander, the AIRAC is updated on a regular basis by NAVIGRAPH.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck