Sign in to follow this  
luttes72

Rwy Not Aligned

Hi there,This is my first post. I have been flying FS9 for years and have never encountered this issue. When i am lined up with the runway i set my heading indicator to match the magnetic hdg of the rwy. The only problem is its 20 degrees off. So for example at SEA i will line up on 34r and the rwy will be 20 to the left on the fms. This is with any plane I use, PMDG, Wilco, LDS ect. Whe I am flying i am aslo 20 degrees off of the airway. I dont know what happened to cause this. I have downloaded the latest ariac(711) but nothing seems to work. Any feedback would be great.thanks,will

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi WillKSEA has a "magnetic variation" of 19.4 degrees True heading of Rw 34R is 180.34 Magnetic heading of Rw 34R is 160.9Maybe that's the differents. Willy

>Hi there,>>This is my first post. I have been flying FS9 for years and>have never encountered this issue. When i am lined up with the>runway i set my heading indicator to match the magnetic hdg of>the rwy. The only problem is its 20 degrees off. So for>example at SEA i will line up on 34r and the rwy will be 20 to>the left on the fms. This is with any plane I use, PMDG,>Wilco, LDS ect. Whe I am flying i am aslo 20 degrees off of>the airway. I dont know what happened to cause this. I have>downloaded the latest ariac(711) but nothing seems to work.>Any feedback would be great.>>>thanks,>>willGood chances are that your magnetic declination file got corrupted. Try replacing it.It happens mostly after a CTD with an addon that reads from this file.The file is located in the Scenery/BASE/scenery folder and is called magdec.bglYou'll find the original on Disk #3 (in the second cab if I'm not mistaken).There's also an updated magdec file here on avsim, but you might get some(very minor)misalignments with procedures that were designed using the default.

With the Level-D :When you INIT the data into the FMS you have to (SHFT Z) to bring up the current (parked at gate eg) LAT/LON and manually enter those values.That sync's up the FMS with the IRS system.When you get to the runway the HDG will match the instrument display.Enroute the airways will also be right on.

>Hi Will>>KSEA has a "magnetic variation" of 19.4 degrees > True heading of Rw 34R is 180.34 > Magnetic heading of Rw 34R is 160.9>Maybe that's the differents.> WillyRunway 34R has a heading of 342.5 deg, however the variation is 17.8 deg. A heading of 180.34 would be the other direction if anything.

This is with any plane I use, PMDG, Wilco, LDS ect. Anything you have a major issue with FS - load the default Cessna C-172 - fly a circuit - close FS - reboot the computer - open FS again - load the default C-172 from the Create Flight screen and check for the issue.If the issue is present with the C-172 - it's an issue with your FS setup. If it is not present - it's something about the aircraft.Secondly - always try airports at different parts of the world.Three great ones to test for the issue you mention are FHAW, FJDG, PMDY - they are in the middle of nowhere and not impacted by most scenery issues. They also all have large mag var - + and - variations.Those are some key troubleshooting tips.That said - the comment above about the corruption of the magdec.bgl file has always been the cause of an issue like you describe in my experience.I have texture loads, addon scenery loads, addon aircraft loads all corrupt or overwrite that file. The file should be dated 3/3/2003.

Thanks for the reply, for all of them. For the magdec.bgl file do i just run disk 3?thanks again,Will

Thanks to all of you who replied. I have fixed the issue thanks to your help. I installed a new magdec.bgl file from avsim and everything appears normal. Once again thanks,Will

No Will,right click the drive and use the "explore" option to manually extract the file.If you're using the file on Avsim, your values will be closer to those of contemporary maps, but as I said, some procedures or AFCADS are designed using the default magnetic variation data. One way or another you wouldn't notice too much of a difference, perhaps the odd couple of degrees in either direction.

same problem heretried everything said aboveActually, my problem is that the mag declination is added in FS9 randomly. During one flight, it even disappeared during one flight with 737 PMDG.Has someone a clue?Thank you and regardsGhiom