Sign in to follow this  
jmdriskell

ESC & Shift+Enter Don't Work

Something has happened to my FS9 install. The ESC no longer works to end a flight and the Shift+Enter has no effect on the view over the nose (hard to see over the nose of a DC-3). Can anyone offer any suggestions where I might look to fix this problem, or should I reinstall FS9?Thanks,Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

The first thing I would do would be to check the Assignments to see if somehow they have been "lost" for these two items.Look in Settings / Assignments and then scroll down to End Flight and see what if anything is assigned (the default is ESC).Then scroll to Eyepoint (move up) and check it to see if Shift Enter is there. The Spacebar should be the command to restore the eyepoint (that is the next item).If anything is blank you can put the key command(s) back in.Hope this is the answer to your problem.

Thanks for the help. In both situations, the entries were blank so I reset them to the defaults. Don't know what caused the problem, but now I've learned something from wiser heads.Jim Driskell

You are very welcome.Over the years FS has managed to "lose" my settings several times so you are not alone on that.You may be interested in a nifty little gauge you can add to almost any panel which allows you to change the eye point with just a mouse click rather than the Shift-Enter combination.Take a look at pwrseat1.zip by Glenn Copeland - here at Avsim. I use it all the time - works great.Here is the linkhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...4gau&DLID=79705

Guest jonthedoors

This has happened to me before. Check the control assignments and see if they've been deleted somehow, because that's what my problem was.You'll have to reset the key assignments yourself if this is your problem.

Again, you came thru. Thanks for the help.Jim Driskell

I'll just point out that you have two different types of VC panel view resets available: spacebar (resets both panning and eyepoint) and 'shift keypad delete' which resets panning to straight forward, but does not reset any previous eyepoint move. The later, for instance, doesn't push your nose back onto the windscreen if you have moved eyepoint back to see more gauges.Move eyepoint to wherever you want it, then pan all around the VC with the hat, and you can jump back instantly to your newly chosen sweetspot. Using CH fighterstick I mapped thumb button = SHF KPDEL and shifted thumb button (pinkie & thumb simultaneously) = SPC, ergo both types of resets instantly available. And I permanently place the eyepoint reset point to my own chosen position for each plane in the {VIEWS} line of aircraft.cfg and then change file attributes to 'read only' for safe keeping.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.