Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joseph29

A AFCAD question

When I am fixing up my AFCADs I like to use Google maps (or one of the other map programs), World Aero Data, and AirNav. But sometimes they all don't match up.For instance I was fixing up the runways at PHNL and AirNav said 22R (I think this was the one) had a over run area and a displaced threshold, but when I looked on Google maps it did not show a displaced threshold or a over run area.How up to date are these sites? Is the map websites like Google good for fixing up AFCADs?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Using Flash Earth, both the Google and Microsoft feed show no displaced threshold. Also, looking at the actual charts and details from Flight Aware, they also indicate no displaced threshold, so it looks like a mistake or out of date data on Airnav's part.If you get a discrepancy, I would try and find the same data from as many different sources as possible, and see which result is the more popular.One quick word of advice on over run areas - I tend to find AI won't taxy onto the runway if the taxiway joins the runway in an over run area. I've had to modify a few airports (Barcelona for example), otherwise AI will just sit their until they time out and get deleted.

I think you have to look at all possible data sources.Re FAA, Rwy 22R was changed to a 150 ft displaced threshold in 2007.scott s..