Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Glacier Bay V2 - PAJN won't load but I can slew there

Guest ThrottleUp

Hey guys I wonder if any of you scenery gurus can offer some input into this. I installed the excellent Glacier Bay V2 (followed all instructions, uninstalled Glacier Bay V1 before etc.).The installation went fine and I can fly from most of the airports located within the scenery. However some of them wont load. One of them is PAJN (Juneau). If I select this airport when creating a flight the FS9 loading bar does not even get past 1%. It stays on 0% until I have to use Task Manager to stop fs9.exeHowever...theres is a small heliport just a stones throw from PAJN. If I start a flight there I can slew across to PAJN just fine and begin my flight from there as planned. Just wondering why I can do the above but it refuses to start a flight from there?PS--> I have tested this by temporarily disabling Glacier Bay. The default PAJN loads up fine. BTW Holger & crew: *brilliant* work as always :)

I would start troubleshooting by being absolutely sure you do not have another afcad somewhere on your system for PAJN - posssibly in another scenery or just in your Addon scenery/scenery subfolder.The little utility called Scanafd by Eliot Rogers makes short work of checking for duplicates. It is here in the library as scanafd.zipHope this helps.

I had a similar problem after adding some California mesh a while back. I couldn't load any airport in CA but I could slew there and fly with no issues. Make sure the mesh and scenery is installed correctly and that it is in the order specified by the author within the scenery menu in FS9. Make sure you don't have any empty texture folders under your add-on scenery.dolph

Guest ThrottleUp

The little utility called Scanafd by Eliot Rogers makes short work of checking for duplicates. That program worked brilliantly! Thanks very much for helping out!!bucifan & dolph98 thanks for your input as well.And last but not least - Eliot Rogers: nice one mate :)Right..... wheres that Turbo Otter http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0030.gif

Can we presume it was a duplicate afcad problem then?

Guest ThrottleUp

Oh yes of course I should have mentioned....Yes it was a duplicate AFCAD. The AFCAD scanner found PAJN and under that were two entries:AF2_PAJN.bglPAJN_APProach.bglI deleted the second one!

Hi Nevin,and that really solved your problem?The thing is that PAJN_APProach.bgl isn't really a duplicate AFCAD, it's Jim Vile's curved approach for AI that needed to be compiled as a separate file, which does appear to ScanAFD as a duplicate. Thus, while not crucial to the use of GBv2 you would want to keep it because otherwise AI aircraft will fly into the surrounding mountains.We haven't heard of anyone having problems with PAJN_APProach.bgl. However, a loading stall that early in the loading process does indicate an issue with AFCAD data so maybe there's something else on your system that's interfering with PAJN_APProach.bgl.Cheers, HolgerP.S.: thanks for the kind words!

You beat me to the punch Holger. I was about to tell him essentially the same thing.But I surely will second the praise of the Glacier Bay enhancement - truly spectactular!

A brief tip about using Scanafd.......If it brings up what appears to be a duplicate, always check the file details and airport options for each one before deciding if they really are duplicates.An afcad will have runway information, while what appears to be an afcad - like the one that had "approach" as a part of the name - will not show any runway information.You would be better served to rename (rather than delete) any afcad you are suspicious of.As Holger points out in a later post, there is probably something else causing the problem and the "approach" afcad should be retained.

Guest ThrottleUp

Oh no Ive gone and wrecked it :(But yes Holger...it fixed my problem...PAJN loads in a flash!

Guest RonB49

"If it brings up what appears to be a duplicate, always check the file details and airport options for each one before deciding if they really are duplicates."But on the other hand, if Nevin had done this he'd still be putzing around looking for his problem. Perhaps it's best to assume that they are causing a problem and move or rename them first to see if the problem is cured. You can alway resurrect them later. R-

Guest ThrottleUp

@ RonB49 - yes, that AFCAD scanner very handily puts stuff it deletes into the Recycle Bin so I can just restore it from there. I will restore it and then find it myself in Windows Explorer and then cut-paste it into another location. I wanna fly from PAJN without a frozen loadscreen hee hee. When Im done scooting around that part of the world I will look more closely at what could be causing this.Thanks for you input :)