Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

No one noticed MAAM-SIM TBF/TBM Avenger?

Hi there! Did no one notice the release of the long awaited (and forgotten) MAAM-SIM TBF/TBM Avenger?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189440.jpgLooking awesome!More info:http://www.maam.orgRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://kewlceo.com/forums/style_emoticons/...crazy_pilot.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest monkie

I picked the Avenger today as soon as I saw it and yes I forgot it was even in the works. All I can say is WOW, this is one of the most detailed and atmospheric addons I've ever purchased. I have never been a big fan of WW2 warbids in FS, they never really seem to capture the aircraft but this one is differen't. Just the start-up sequence is fun to watch by itself. Right after I got the engine running I thought I noticed something strange about the textures on the pilot... no bug here... the arms of his flightsuit were flapping in the wind with the canopy open! The designers put more thought and detail into the pilot than some put into they're whole aircraft. The VC is amazing, and not even a hiccup or hint of slowing down my computer which is 3 years old now. Torpedo drops... guns fire... the pilot can wear two types of helmet and you can take his Ray-bans off and on. The plane feels right to me... big.. heavy... stable. There are two manuals, one is a HTML sim operating manual and the other is a PDF file of the original pilots operating manual. The POH is especially interesting and most likely would cost you more to buy than the cost of this entire package.The whole aircraft is so full of little details I am still a little overwhelmed. The wing folding "horn" operates exactly as the 1940's POH states, you can use the hand pump to pressurize the hydraulic system on the ground without the engine running. In the cockpit you can pull out the navigation table and on it there are hand written pilot notes on the operation of the aircraft all of which can be rearranged on the desk. I am not affiliated with MAAM in any way and I don't want to sound like a commercial but honestly this is the coolest addon I think I've ever purchased. Congrats to all of those involved in the making of this product, it is a true tribute to the "Turkey" and an obvious labor of love.JC

If anyone has not yet discovered the MAAM aircraft, you are in for a treat.I only own the Briefing Time B-25 but can attest to the unbeliveable attention to detail. Do yourself a favor and visit the site:http://www.maam.org/That is the Mid Atlantic Air Museum. Check out the various aircraft they offer for sale. All proceeds go to helping restore and maintain the many aircraft at the museum.You won't be dissapointed. I am not affiliated in any way with MAAM - just one very happy owner of one of their exquisite products.

>If anyone has not yet discovered the MAAM aircraft, you are>in for a treat.>>I only own the Briefing Time B-25 but can attest to the>unbeliveable attention to detail. >>Do yourself a favor and visit the site:>>http://www.maam.org/>>That is the Mid Atlantic Air Museum. Check out the various>aircraft they offer for sale. All proceeds go to helping>restore and maintain the many aircraft at the museum.>>You won't be dissapointed. I am not affiliated in any way>with MAAM - just one very happy owner of one of their>exquisite products.I own both the Briefing time B-25 and (...drum roll please) the simply legendary MAAM SIM DC-3/C-47/RD-4! These models are simply brilliant and scream labor of love!Thanks to the original poster for the heads up on the release of the Avenger. I too had forgotten about it and will be purchasing it shortly. I hope that AVSIM will take notice of the Avengers release and put it into their daily headlines.Regards, Robert

Everything you said is spot on, JC. I grabbed her the moment I learned she was released. Bob