Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

DXTBmp (Martin Wright)question

HelloI use this very useful utility to convert aircraft textures from 32bit to DXT3.I usually drag each texture file one at a time and convert it.I was wondering if there is a way of converting the whole folder in one go?I have tried fiddling,copying pasteing etc but i can still only convert each file one at a time.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>Hello>I use this very useful utility to convert aircraft textures>from 32bit to DXT3.I usually drag each texture file one at a>time and convert it.I was wondering if there is a way of>converting the whole folder in one go?I have tried>fiddling,copying pasteing etc but i can still only convert>each file one at a time.>cheers AndyThis might do what you want:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchGood luck.

>>Hello>>I use this very useful utility to convert aircraft textures>>from 32bit to DXT3.I usually drag each texture file one at a>>time and convert it.I was wondering if there is a way of>>converting the whole folder in one go?I have tried>>fiddling,copying pasteing etc but i can still only convert>>each file one at a time.>>cheers Andy>>This might do what you want:>>http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search>>Good luck.>Thanks DavidI have tried the one you describe and also the free texture converter from IFDG but DXTBmp is by far the best program of this type that i have used.With the IFDG program i used to find that although i could mass change textures when i came to use the plane i would get a big lag when switching from 2D to virtual cockpit views(even when there was no VC),Now for some reason when i use DXTBmp and alter each file individually i don't get that horrible lag.(Don't ask me why or why i even tried but it does. work)As an example lot of the latest V4 POSKY 747s i had nearly given up on because of this horrible mini freeze issue(between 2d and VC) are now perfectly usable.I should perhaps read the user guide(hate doing that though:-) )

Did you try editing the batch file - substituting DXTBmp for Image Tool?Obviously DXTBmp and the textures to be modied must all be in the same folder also.Try it in a test area and see if works.

>Thanks Graeme and David>I have downloaded the ConvImx programme and latest DLLs and>will try it out later today.(many new POSKY 777S to alter)>cheers Andy:-) updateHello againI downloaded the wrong program at first,(to much of a hurry)but have now got the correct one.I have just converted a new posky 777(asiana).The first attempt didn't work very well (blurred textures)but i membered something about mipmaps and deselected that option tried again and it has worked this time(no blurr) so cheers again.Andy