Sign in to follow this  
Guest SKYGOD

FFX 737/727 Users please read!

For those of you experiencing problems with either aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME ABOUT THEM!I am (and have been since the DC9 release) on a personal leave of absense from FFX/SGA and FS altogether basically to take care of personal matters. Although the readme's may have my name on everything, I had nothing to do with either project. I did create all brand new FDE's for the 727 but they were not included with the files for whatever reason! So don't send me emails like the following one I just got;>From: "David Jones" david_jones27@hotmail.com>To: mike@sgair.net >Sent: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:58:06 > >Your 2 new FDE's for the 727 ad 737 are crap. >Seriously, you suck at making >FDEs. Why don't you just quit while you are >breaking even ??? You have brain >washed people to believe that your FDEs are the >correct ones. Your 727 flies >like a brick and your 737 flies like a fighter jet. >I have had countless >retired 727 pilots from Eastern, TWA, PSA and Delta ILYUSHIN IL62: people are so stupid :-Dmike0912HSD: >who are simmers in their >old age tell me how much this FDE sucks. You are by >far one of the worst FDE >creators ...... Oh excuse me, I meant FDE >stealer/modifier ........ in the >entire world. Get a new hobby.I DO NOT NEED THIS KIND OF CRAP FROM ANYONE! I've worked hard over the years to provide the best I could with all of my releases and now with FFX/SGA I keep working on trying to make sure you all get some of the best freeware goodies that can be created wether it be a new model or paint job. So please, lets end it all here and now.mike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

You can't let this kind of crap get to you... I guess this comes with the territory, don't let this cause you to give up on the rest of us. If you look at the numbers of how many people download your work verses the number of crappy complaints, you'll see your appreciated. Just the same I'm sorry to hear your leaveing. Just remember, someone's going to hate you no matter what you decide to do so just do what you love anyway...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest DanWalloch

Hey Mike..I'm on your side. That was totally uncalled for.....who is he to judge!!! As we all know.....there are only a handfull of people that have actual experience in these airplanes and that flight sim is limited. (David Jones.....get a dang life or go back into your hole!) Mike, your FDE flies far better than most of competing freeware of this type.

Keep your chin up mate. Don't let those pathetic little people get to you. I bet the guy who emailed you couldn't fly a kite properly.It's part of the territory, don't let it worry you. You know you're doing a great job, and I'm sure most people would agree.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Thanks for the support guys. And to clarify... I am not leaving FS... I am "on leave of absense" in other words just temporary till I get some important personal matters in order. Then I'll be back full time with paint brush in hand. Just not enough time to spend with FS right now. I'm selling my condo and buying a new house and I've got a ton of details to take care of on top of other matters that need attention too. I let them go too long and now everything is coming back to haunt me. It'll just be another month or 2.mike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

Guest DanWalloch

Hey John: Wasn't there talk about you guys (POSKY) rolling a 757 off your assembly line. I thought I heard this months ago.

Jeeze... what an a**hole :-hah I'm sure he is type rated on all these planes in real life huh? :-lol Man... some people really really are condecending always have a negitive attitude or something... They need to get in with reality FS is JUST A GAME! :-lolBest Regards Derek Beal :-wavePROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D

Disbelief is the only word that comes to mind when reading such an email :-hmmmJust disregard it, that poor soul has enough problems with his/her life.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Thanks for the support and kind words everyone. I'd like to make a correction to the above. After speaking with Erick on this matter, I have learned that the dynamics included in the 727 zip that I didn't initially see hidden within the 737 files were actually mine. So I stand corrected on that one. But the 737's dynamics are Jorge Oppenheimers. Steve messed up a bit on his uploads with the description. Shame on you Steve! I haven't had a chance to do anything with the 737 yet, but may in the future and release as an update.The only reason the 727 was done, was because I spent a week gathering up info and reconfiguring a certain payware 727 that truly needed help. All the data I had gathered was directly from Boeing and Prat and Whitney and numerous other technical sites. So adapting the specs to this 727 was just a couple of days process.I've had my fair share of bashing before, but those incidents were mild in comparison to this particular one. The last person who attempted to scar me recently lost his credibility in FS. From all appearences, he has left FS altogether, since with the help of my closest associates and supporters, he was fired from the design group he was a member of and other details of some of his other dealings were made public.I've never claimed to be an expert at anything folks. Dynamics for FS are still to this day a "black art" that only very few know all the intricacies of. I still learn something new each time I work on them. But unlike so many of the teenagers these days that were born with engineering degrees in hand, I spent many years with Eastern Airlines keeping these birds in the air. I've spent my fair share of time not only in the guts of the aircraft, but in the cockpit on many flights as well as the "real sims". So I'm no "newbe" to anything related to flight.If your gonna complain to someone, there are other ways of doing it. Fortuantly for me, with a LOT of help from the sim community, I'm too well established to let some dickhead come along and ruin it for me.Thanks again everyone! :Dmike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

Guest JDH

Good one you naming and shaming.That sort of email is totally uncalled for. I notice Mr Jones does not profess any experience flying the real thing.

Guest jon_151

Well, generally this kind of user is pathetic, if that what he thinks, than why don't he make his own model and FDE ? geez some people are just way don't understand how hard this all free work took time of making, from the alpha to beta and to final.Ignore this kind of people, certainly, those are the people who got no taste of this great hobby of all of us.

Guest FS_freak

My 2 cents worth:David Jones can go screw himself!FFX Rocks!You da man!!!Is that 3 cents? :( Maurice

Guest PhLem

The Horror !!!!!! I can't believe that someone would even think about saying something like that. It's just plain RUDE !!!! I haven't released anything yet, but these kind of remarks really make you wonder. Anyway, the 732 looks great, almost as good as ours :0)Just kidding, nice work guys.Take care,Udo.:-wavewww.YeoDesigns.com

Just found this saved in my computer while looking for something else and thought I'd share this as well for a good laugh for you all;From: "David Jones" To: mike@sgair.net Subject: MD-80 Date: 02/07/2003 Time: 07:03 CST Mike, Today I was flying the MD-80 that Sam and yourself did the FDE for. I noticed many, many problems with your FDE. Let me list them in order. 1. The roll rate is too slow. Common misconception dictates that the MD-80 is slow and deliberate. Not True. The MD-80 has a roll rate of 60 degree a second. Maximum aileron deflection is 25 positive, 23 negative. I have noticed the aircraft floats when it rolls out of even slow turns. 2. Pitch rate is too quick, especially the pitch up rate. Needs to be toned down by about 3 degrees a second. 3. The throttles are to sensitive and the aircraft picks up speed too fast. In a fully loaded take-off configuration at KMIA, in 72 degree weather, the aircraft took off in 3400 feet. It should take-off in 5200ft. 4. Landing speed is way too slow. I can land this at 104kts without stalling (fully loaded). I am going to be releasing a new FDE for this aircraft indepenently to fix your mistakes. With the guidence of a 18 year American Airlines Super 80 Captain, I expect to release the new FDE in 3 days. I understand you do this for free, but you should take pride in your work. It is my honest opinion that this aircraft was rushed out too fast before it was completed. However, since I am in it for the community, I will fix this FDE. Otherwise, the paint schemes are great. The model needs a bit of work also. -DAJ MY REPLY;Sorry if your dissapointed with the work. As far as the parameters that you mention above, those should be directed towards Sam Chin. My conribution to te edits was mostly position of components and contact points etc. The "dynamics" of it are still 99% Chin's. I don't know how to contact him. You might look at Freeflight Design Shop. My opinion of any aircraft built for FS is none are ever 100% accurate. 99% yeah, but very few. Ours is not 100%, nor is it 99%, but we tried hard to do the best possible within our abilities.Hopefully you might find one of our future releases more appealing. As for your fde's, I look forward to trying them out. Hopefully they'll be better than the last time a real pilot tinkered with fde's for FS, those were a disaster. One thing you have to remember is this program was originally designed as a game (and still is). Getting real world parameters programmed into this "game" with the limitations that FS has and taking into account that the programmers who programmed it are not aerodynamic engineers, we all have to settle for the best that we can achieve with what we "think" and "feel" are the best parameters possible.Mike BaumannFFX/SGA Painter-FDENow for the record, I did try his dynamics out for a good laugh and wasn't dissapointed... I laughed my *ss off. He went so far as to restrict redistribution of "his" dynamics to only FlightSim and nowhere else. Check his readme. I can assume he did this because we didn't take him up on his "better" dynamics. It flys, grant you, but it was just some air file and config settings from another aircraft.This person seems to know a lot of pilots everywhere, but nothing about really flying. Hope you all enjoyed the laugh. :Dmike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg