Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Waldi861

PSS Old Problem - old question

Hi folks,after checking quite a lot of webspace for this problem with no results worth speaking of them, i post this problem once again:I have the PSS 330/340/320 and Boing 757 and FS9When flying with a time time-lapse more then 4x the pitch is doing, what in some forums is called : "dolphin-fly". I read it has to do with the slow Autopilot-Calculator, wich is not able to balance every small bump in the normal changing altitude (pressures?). It's clear so far. But: Why does that work on the standart planes of the FS9? Why can I fly with 16x without any pitch-problems and not in the PSS Models. After this pitch-change, the plan will crash after a while and so it is, if you are a normal working person, nearly impossible to do long-range flights because no higher speed than 4x is possible without any trouble. This problem needs a solution. Can anyone help me with this? I like these Panels but it's a pitty that it seem to be impossible to take longer flights with them...Thanks a lot,GreetingsJens

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On the 777 when I'm in cruise and want to 16x I set the autopilot to Vertical Speed 0 instead of Vertical path. Let me know how it works for you.

thanks for this input,it doenst work. Everytime im coming in the near of the entered altitude, most times Cruise altitude, the V/S turns off automatically.Another Idea?But thanks again!Jens

It'S simply a matter of programming mechanics. It works with the standard aircraft because they are imbedded in the sim. As for add-on aircraft who use their own autoflight system you will find not one that is able to fly solidly a higher sim rates. Not the PSS birds, not PMDG's, not Wilco's.

A few years ago I published a set of alternative FDE for the PSS A330/340 that is much more stable at accelerated rates...and better in almost every other respect, too. :-D It was posted in the user section of the original site. Version 1.2J was the last version published.Another way to make accelerated sim rates work better, especially with their 757 & 777, is to load the acft with a significant, even out-of-limits forward CG, say around 15-18% MAC.And for the post that says all add-ons with third-party autopilots don't work with accelerated sim rates, that's not true. The LDS 767, for example, does just fine at 8x for me.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Ok, try setting your altitude higher so the altcap can't happen.Also you can try altitude hold.It's been a while since I last did it and I haven't put the 777 back on my new FS parition yet.And yeah, maybe the 777 is different.