Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

el_kab0ng

FS9 door glitch

Has anyone else noticed that after opening doors (main door, cargo, etc) that no manner of shift+e+# will close anything but the main door? WTH causes this? It's highly annoying to have to reset the game and leave all doors closed because FS9 all of a sudden forgets how the keyboard combos work. It doesn't happen on all my ac, just a select few and even then only once in awhile.I could understand if maybe the pneumatics needed to be online, but then I shouldn't be able to open them at all let alone close them.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the issue is how FS reacts to multiple requests for information. advanced panels request data from FS constantly. FS decides that these are in error and 'acts up' by cutting off some user key commands - such as the multiple key strokes to open the cargo doors.you will likely see that the cargo door will open easily when FS is first loaded. it is only after 'a bit' that the problem begins.i suggest you download RCBse-10.zip ("FS2004 Selection Correction gauge" by Rob Barendregt) from avsim.com. easy to install into your panel (follow the instructions in the 'read me' file).--edit: clarity--

That makes sense. I find that if I alt+tab to a different window for longer than a minute (for example in the time it took me to post my gripe) and then tab back, the problem clears up. I'll take a gander at the gauge and see what it can do for me.

Well, that's kinda what I meant. Resetting the scenario is a pain in the dairy air if you have to load a default dark and cold and then move airports... and then reload a flight plan... Hey! I must be talking about the CLS DC-10, huh? =P

The Alt+Tab trick sounds interesting, I'll be trying it. Better than messing with panels. I remember having that problem with Lonny Payne's 757 panel in a Posky 767-200.Best regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel