Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yankeegolf3

saitek pro flight switch panel

hi,I wrote a post about the saitek pro flight switch panel in the hardware forum, but it seems not as popular as this one. My goal is to warn you that this panel does not work with fs 9. It is advertised as working with fs 10, which it does fine, but I did not imagine that it works with fs 10 only and nothing else.It is a shame. I don't understand why a serious company such as saitek can come up with a piece of hardware aimed at fs 10 exclusively, that is to say a niche market :)It is definitely a commercial blunder.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hi,No it does not, it does not show up anywhere in fact. It is activated through a FSX dedicated plugin. I don't know how to open up this plugin and to make it work with fs 9.It is hopeless :(

There is a good discussion of this in the hardware forum. A simmer has written an interface for it to work with FS9 via FSUIPC. You could try it out and let us know how it works. I too was planning on purchasing this for FS9. If it works well I am sure many of will reconsider purchasing it. I am surprised Saitek would eliminate such a vibrant sector of the flightsim market by not designing it to work with FS9. Here's the link:http://www.krosa.it/ssp/Clutch