Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StoneC0ld

Assigning the red/green buttons on yoke/joystick

I've got a VMax yoke, CH throttle quadrant, GoFlight rudder pedals as my flight controls, and I currently use my Extreme 3D Pro joystick as a steering tiller. Under my normal setup, that is... Likely will reconfigure it to use the joystick as primary flight controls when using the Airbus aircraft, though, for the realism...My problem is that with so many devices, which are apparently changing device priorities every time I plug in the joystick, throttle quadrant and yoke (I've had to fight with FSUIPC to reassign functions on several occasions, so I know the device order is changing). So, I have no idea whatsoever what joystick button settings I should be choosing for the red/green buttons. As I did see mentioned, I also have no idea how to manually change the order of devices so the yoke or joystick is device #1...Any tips?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Complex setup you have there.My personal advice to save headaches is this:Use the keyboard. Default assignments are Num Pad Minus and Plus.You'll actually find that the Keyboard works better than the Joystick (at least I do) because it eliminates any risk of an autothrottle disconnect should you wiggle the joystick a bit when you go to press the joystick button.Cheers,Bryan