Thanks for the feedback everyone... There have been some good ideas brought up. To answer a few questions:Wind shifts, the bane of FSX, have been reduced even further but as you might expect they can't be eliminated in all cases, unless you choose to use FSUIPC v4 which uses creative methods outside the simconnect interface (and outside the scope of AS) to smooth winds. With that said, plenty of improvements for both sims in the smoothing of winds, visibility, clouds and general weather conditions have been made.This new Active Sky version will not include graphics other than an auto-installable texture to elimate FSX haze layer if desired. Active Sky is returning back to a focus of core weather engine technology and weather-related innovations.With that said, there is a HUGE feature that hasn't been mentioned yet that has to do with graphics and what we feel is the most harmonious way to benefit from the collective enhancements available in any and all graphics add-ons, while incorporating inherent weather engine integration and wx-influenced selection. You can probably read between the lines here as to what this entails. More information very soon folks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest lingfors
Wind shifts, the bane of FSX, have been reduced even further but as you might expect they can't be eliminated in all cases, unless you choose to use FSUIPC v4 which uses creative methods outside the simconnect interface (and outside the scope of AS) to smooth winds. With that said, plenty of improvements for both sims in the smoothing of winds, visibility, clouds and general weather conditions have been made.
Have you fixed the problem of haze completely disappearing for a few seconds up to several minutes? I've gotten the weather to play to my tune for the most part, but this is still a big problem for me. If there's something you can do to fix it... Of course, it might as well be one of those problems with the FSX weather engine that's impossible to fix...
With that said, there is a HUGE feature that hasn't been mentioned yet that has to do with graphics and what we feel is the most harmonious way to benefit from the collective enhancements available in any and all graphics add-ons, while incorporating inherent weather engine integration and wx-influenced selection. You can probably read between the lines here as to what this entails. More information very soon folks!
Cloud shadows? God rays?Okay, I confess... You got my interest now... :)

With that said, there is a HUGE feature that hasn't been mentioned yet that has to do with graphics and what we feel is the most harmonious way to benefit from the collective enhancements available in any and all graphics add-ons, while incorporating inherent weather engine integration and wx-influenced selection. You can probably read between the lines here as to what this entails. More information very soon folks!
I am very glad that this upcoming product is for FS9...many thanks as I thought AS was finished with FS9. I and many other FS9 users will love this product. I am thinking that outside of updating the engine for FS9, this new HUGE feature will be just for FSX? Bummer if so but at least us FS9 users will have a little better technology to render our weather for us..thanks.

Eric 

I am thinking that outside of updating the engine for FS9, this new HUGE feature will be just for FSX?
No, this new "feature" is for either version.Bit of a shift of thinking here with this new version of AS. Both versions are completely integrated. With the exception of a few version-specific interface details and related features (DWC, DVC for FS9 and Real-Time station Generation for FSX comes to mind), everything applies to both versions.This new feature I am refering to: it is not cloud shadows or rays, and has nothing to do with actual graphical textures or effects. We believe that to be in the realm of graphics add-ons, not weather engines. It does have to do with how you can benefit fully from this advanced weather engine technology without being limited to any single graphic add-on or package.

Damian Clark

Guest singletracker
This new Active Sky version will not include graphics other than an auto-installable texture to elimate FSX haze layer if desired. Active Sky is returning back to a focus of core weather engine technology and weather-related innovations.
Damian, will we still have the option to process custom X Graphics textures to suit the weather Flight plan. I really think this function adds to weather that's being generated and it's something I now do prior to every flight.

Damian, will we still have the option to process custom X Graphics textures to suit the weather Flight plan
Yes.

Damian Clark

HIFI Moderator Edit: David, please respond to our PM for clarification. Thank you! HiFi

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

HIFI Moderator Edit: David, please respond to our PM for clarification. Thank you! HiFi
??????????????????????Damian,How did someone use my loggin to write a message here?I NEVER locked any post here nor wrote any message in this forum for months!!!!Very weird behaviour of this new forum.I will check that with our team.Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

??????????????????????Damian,How did someone use my loggin to write a message here?I NEVER locked any post here nor wrote any message in this forum for months!!!!Very weird behaviour of this new forum.I will check that with our team.Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks for clarifying David. It sure is sad that someone would stoop to such a level and hack avsim administrator accounts in order to block announcements of our new product in our own forum. Who would do such a thing?In any case, its fixed. Sorry for the confusion everyone. Back on topic!Best,

Damian Clark

I'm very impressed that you've decided to cover FS9 with this release. I first purchased Active Sky for FS2k2 and then ASV6.5 for FS9. If I think I can see definite benefit in upgrading to the new product, I'll happily purchase from you once again :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Cobber55

I'm interested to hear about the new version and look forward to hearing more in due course. I have been a very happy user of ASX and X Graphics. Both products worked first time and do the job beautifully. They are great products and the after purchase customer service from Hi Fi is top class. When I had to do a complete reinstall, and of course couldn't find my original donwloads, I sought help I got it very promptly. That counts for a lot.

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi,Thank you for you replies. We are proud of this release and looking forward to showing what we have acheived.We felt that support for both FSX and FS9 was of paramount importance for this version of AS so that the best features from each version are available to all users regardless of which version of FS is your main version. The new website will be up tommorow (Saturday 6th Dec 10:00 am ET) and will give you a more detailed description of the features of ASA.We are in the final stages of beta now so you should be able to have this under your Christmas tree. :( Regards

The new website will be up tommorow (Saturday 6th Dec 10:00 am ET) and will give you a more detailed description of the features of ASA.
Hey, that's the second time I've seen the term "ASA" in this thread. Obviously "AS" is for Activesky but what does the second "A" stand for? Advanced? I probably just missed it somewhere...Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi,

Hey, that's the second time I've seen the term "ASA" in this thread. Obviously "AS" is for Activesky but what does the second "A" stand for? Advanced? I probalby just missed it somewhere...
Yes you're quite correct ASA stands for Active Sky Advanced Regards

Guest TheAviator

This is great news. Active Sky products have alwasy been top notch and without them I can't imagine what my flight sim enviroment would look like. Glad to hear of the upcoming product!BR