Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom Helwick

Ch Quadrant Programming

Guest Tom Helwick

I need help in programming for CH Products Throttle Quadrant. I've got Cook's tutorial and it doesn't work for me and Peter Dowson's manual for FSPUIC instructions are even more confusing. I'm trying to get throttles, reversers on PMDG's 747-400 to work properly but so far only engines 1 & 3 show the proper response. Does anyone have SIMPLE method to get the throttle quad to work properly?

Hi Tom,If you've already got throttles 1 and 3 working it shouldn't be difficult to get 2 and 4 to work too. I don't have the CH quadrant. I have the Saitek but the same principle applies.I would urge you to try again with that tutorial posted in Pete's forum. If you do get stuck they try either a post there or one to the author. Bypassing FS's calibration process and using the FSUIPC one will give you a more accurate calibration. Resist the temptation to use the CH software.Essentially there are three steps to calibrating an axis. 1) Disable the joysticks in FS, 2) Assign a lever to a FS axis in FSUIPC and 3) Calibrate that axis. Are you having problems in assigning an axis in FSUIPC or calibrating it?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Tom,If you've already got throttles 1 and 3 working it shouldn't be difficult to get 2 and 4 to work too. I don't have the CH quadrant. I have the Saitek but the same principle applies.I would urge you to try again with that tutorial posted in Pete's forum. If you do get stuck they try either a post there or one to the author. Bypassing FS's calibration process and using the FSUIPC one will give you a more accurate calibration. Resist the temptation to use the CH software.Essentially there are three steps to calibrating an axis. 1) Disable the joysticks in FS, 2) Assign a lever to a FS axis in FSUIPC and 3) Calibrate that axis. Are you having problems in assigning an axis in FSUIPC or calibrating it?
I remember going through this a few years ago. You need the Ch manager software. Its a must to fix this issue. Then you have to set a dead zone in CH manager software. Once done there, go to fsuipc and set the 3 parameters. They will setup distinctly with different numbers if you set the dead zone correctly.I'm working from memory and from work. I found out the trick by searching some forums and yes, it was/is simple and easyonce you know the ch manager setup tip. Google it if you have to.

Well I am going to agree with Ray.I have the CH quadrant and I assign/calibrate everything through FSUIPC for all my aircraft. Power;idle;reverse all work perfectly. I have never installed the CH software, and I have "joystick disabled" set in FS9.I dont have the PMDG 747 , but do use the PMDG 737.

Peter Schluter

I remember going through this a few years ago. You need the Ch manager software. Its a must to fix this issue. Then you have to set a dead zone in CH manager software.
I'm sorry but you don't need the CH software. The null zone can be adjusted in FSUIPC by using the Slope option.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No it won't. That the Cook tutorial the OP was having trouble following. But I think he should have another bash at it. Come back here and ask questions if you don't understand some bits.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather