Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

Flying The Maddog 2006....

Thanks ..........for some reason I just cant access their website at all.....just tryed it on my laptop too......very frustrating.RegardsPaul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

I use it with both the SGA MD-8x and the Jet City models and it works beautifully! When they released the VC update, I had problems after installing it and would get a CTD. I finally reverted back to the last release prior to the VC and the problems went away. I prefer VC flying, myself, but since I've had trouble with their VC model, I restrict myself to the 2D for this particular aircraft.I don't really care for the inaccuracies in the Maddog 2006 visual model, so that's why I use the SGA and Jet City models. You can use either the SGA or Jet City .air files with the Maddog panel and they perform beautifully! No "merges" are necessary! Just copy the entire Maddog panel to the aircraft folder and that's it! :(Unlike others, I've never had any issues with the SIDS/STARS. I update my airac every month with Navigraph and always copy the PMDG update to the Maddog folder. Additionally, I always get Dan Downs' SID/STAR updates every month and add those as well.

web site working here. Just went.JimCYWG

Al, I've had the Maddog '06 since the weekend it was released, and it's still one of my all-time favorite rides in FS. A dream to hand-fly, systems depth that leaves you wondering when the type rating will arrive in the mail, and a great-looking 2D pit. I'm not a VC guy for airliners, so I've avoided the latest patch. The third-party Navdata converter works well for me, and I really can't complain about anything except frames-per-second performance, which is a bit heavy but still acceptable. Give it a try!

John G.

PittsS2B said it the best. A dream to hand-fly. How do we know that. Use the VSI to judge. So altstiff, did you buy?JimCYWG

PittsS2B said it the best. A dream to hand-fly. How do we know that. Use the VSI to judge. So altstiff, did you buy?JimCYWG
Not yet Jim. It is on my list now however. I seen some shots of the Super80 Pro on the SS forums and was thinking out loud how cool it would be in FS9 (I have the Super80 but not the pro version). And Onur pointed me towards the "Flying The Maddog" link so I figure I would ask here, you know, ask before you buy.Thanks everyone for responding :(

Hi Al,I hope you like it when you get it. Although I don't have the Maddog myself, a friend of mine (also a LVLD/PMDG type of guy) here at Avsim said it was pretty good. I believe I saw a couple of Ed Cox's videos with it, looked very high quality in those too.