Sign in to follow this  

I recently installed FSX w/SP2 and I have CTD problem. The error report points to MSVCRT80.DLL.1. My system is E6750 o/c'ed, 7900GT, 2GB ram, XP pro w/ SP2 and latest updates, FSX w/ SP2 on its own HD, clean install with NO addons whatsoever, FS-GS with fsautostart2. CTDs happen when I switch views. Once I switch back to VC the sim freezes and then crashes.3. Things I've tried, different nvidia drivers including the latest beta, directX nov. update, reduilding FSX.CFG, all combination of AA and AF settings, full screen vs. windows mode, re-installing .net 2.0 plus some other ideas found in this forum. So far nothing helped. Do I really have to get rid of my 7 series vcard to fix it?This problem is kinda driving me nuts. It's not helping when my instrument rating checkride is in 3 days. I'm supposed to be practicing local approaches in the sim right now...I'd appreciate your input.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I seem to remember that this was really aproblem with the 7 series of video cards. I also seem to remember that a workaround was to run FSX in windowed mode instead of full screen mode. Try running in windowed mode and see if you get better results. Another suggestion is to make sure and do a clean boot prior to running FSX.

I seem to remember that this was really aproblem with the 7 series of video cards. I also seem to remember that a workaround was to run FSX in windowed mode instead of full screen mode. Try running in windowed mode and see if you get better results. Another suggestion is to make sure and do a clean boot prior to running FSX.
Thank you for your input. Windowed mode did work better for me but after a while I started to get CTDs in that mode as well. I just set my CPU back to its original speed, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling C++ 2005 redistributable. No joy...On the note of the vcard, I have a 500 watts power supply. Do you think it'll work for 9800GTX+? Or do I need a bigger PS. Thanks!Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

You'll be happier with a better card and bigger psu. That being said, my rig runs on a 430watt psu. You might try an older driver...169.21 ,or so.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.